Head of Engineering
Schibsted Marketplaces Finland/ Tori.fi
Hey there !
Do you want to join one of the best Tech teams in Finland?
Our company Schibsted Marketplaces Finland, where our leading brands are Tori.fi and Oikotie.fi, is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Head of Engineering to lead the technology unit of Tori.fi.
At Schibsted Marketplaces Finland, we believe in data-driven product development, agile/lean methods, user-first approach and continuous improvement and learning. Our community values teamwork skills, proactiveness, understanding diversity, curiosity and openness to new experiences.
Your mission is to lead a technology team of 30+ talented engineers and managers to deliver on our ambitious growth and modernisation strategy.
You are passionate about creating and delivering value and have great ability to motivate people. You are a team builder, you are curious and love to learn from others. You are fascinated by new technology and proud of your inner nerd.
You will report to our CTO and will be part of the Product & Technology leadership team of Schibsted Marketplaces Finland.
Your main responsibilities as a Head of Engineering would include:
- Build, lead, and manage a large cross-functional engineering team to deliver, support and maintain products that deliver value to the Tori.fi platform.
- Focus on delivering high quality services at high tempo with stability through Continuous Delivery principles.
- Enforce and continuously improve our software engineering practices, processes, and tools.
- Own the technical vision and roadmap for the Tori.fi technology platform
- Collaborate with Tori Product, UX and business leadership to build and execute a compelling and ambitious strategy.
- Become a key contributor to our company culture and help us raise awareness of our engineering capabilities within the Technology community.
Key requirements needed in order you to succeed in this role:
- Solid experience in leading and building software engineering teams
- Strong technology knowledge, specifically in cloud based architecture design
- Experience in developing and operating high-traffic internet applications
- Experience from cloud platforms, especially AWS, and highly scalable infrastructure
- Experience from agile methods, continuous delivery and experimentation
- Outstanding product and engineering instincts and creativity combined with a passion for thinking big and disrupting the status quo
- Solid experience from working in a leadership team, creating technology roadmap and direction based on business strategy
- Ability to share expertise and lead diversity while navigating in a complex matrix organisation
- Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate your team members
- Strong written & spoken communication skills in English
- Degree, preferably Master of Science within Computer Science or Information Technology or similar
Got your attention? Contact us now!
If you feel that we could offer you the workplace and the role in which you could share your knowledge and expertise, learn, work hard, get inspired, be yourself and feel good, let us know!
We would be happy to receive your application and CV as soon as possible and on Tue 13th of October at the latest.
We will start to go through the applications right away, so apply now!
If you have any questions at all, please be in touch!
Nicolas Aubry (CTO, Schibsted Marketplaces Finland) email@example.com
Elisa Ryynänen (People & Culture Specialist) firstname.lastname@example.org