Head of Civil and Mechanical (24062)
Neste Engineering Solutions
We believe that it is the task of each generation to leave its children a healthier planet. To succeed in this, we create responsible choices, every day – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.There are roughly 5,000 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world cleaner. Neste Engineering Solutions (previously Neste Jacobs) is a preferred solution provider of high-quality technology, engineering and project services for a wide range of industries.
At Neste Engineering Solutions we are now looking for
Head of Civil and Mechanical Engineering
We are offering a challenging yet very rewarding role in a key position in our Engineering Management Team. Head of Civil and Mechanical Engineering is responsible for managing and developing the entire civil and mechanical engineering functions not only in Scandinavia but globally in all of our office locations as well as current and future project locations globally. Daily leadership of the engineering function employees is with the line managers, who in return report to the Head of Civil and Mechanical Engineering. In total the current teams consist of 80+ professionals with varying levels of experience and specialist knowledge hence we are looking for someone with good technical skills in civil or mechanical engineering, but more so someone who is able to guide and develop the skills and competency levels of others, including people leadership skills of the team leaders. In other words, we are looking for strong people leader with experience in international work environments who understands the relevant engineering areas to the core and, specifically, has an understanding of the process industry project management principles.
Head of Civil and Mechanical Engineering is part of the Engineering Management Team together with the other heads of engineering disciplines (4) and reports directly to the Head of Engineering. In a rapidly growing company striving for excellence sourcing and recruiting strong lead desing engineers is constantly on the to do list for the discipline head, hence, we call for candidates who have strong experience in recruiting and resourcing and also in finding new methods for sourcing the best experts in the field, again not only in Scandinavia but globally. Not just sourcing new team members but developing and guiding the team needs to be a strong focus in this role. Organising the global teams of Civil and Mechanical Engineers on time and on scope for the customer projects is constantly on the go - responding quickly and effectively to the customer project needs is a core KPI. Responsibilities also include sales support, engineering leadership and development of collaboration with subcontractors. To summarise, the role carries big responsibility but is varied and rewarding - this is a rare opportunity to join our engineering team on leadership level.
We expect candidates to have Bachelor’s or Masters of Science degree in civil or mechanical engineering or a similar education. Several years of professional experience in engineering in process industry projects and previous managerial experience is required. We are a growing company, thus we need strong leadership to navigate the team through growth and the change that comes with becoming international instead of local. This also means we are constantly reinventing our way of doing business and especially in this role, experience in change management and leading the change with positive determination is required.
What else we look for:
- Good collaboration and excellent communication skills are needed in order to be successful in this role - English at a minimum, other languages are a bonus.
- Strong focus on leadership skills, ability to recognize opportunities and respond to client needs, to network easily with a variety of stakeholders from variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Proven track record for finding resourcing solutions in a tight work environment. Here we want to hear your success stories!
- Strong self-leadership skills, hands-on mentality and desire to grow and further develop in the role.
- Ability to coach and lead others from variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to travel is a must, a possibility to relocate internationally is considered an advantage.
To be selected for this position you must pass a health examination including a drug test. Security clearance is obtained for the person with their consent.
This position is preferably located in Porvoo, our head office in Kilpilahti industrial area, only some 30 minutes away from Helsinki city center by car. We also arrange free bus transportation for our employees from Helsinki, Porvoo and the surrounding areas. Alternatively you could be located in our office in Turku or Kotka.
Why join Neste Engineering Solutions? We believe we have much to offer the right candidate, including:
- A challenging position with diverse responsibilities.
- An established and steadily growing solution provider. Internationally recognised.
- A professionally supportive company culture and encouraging colleagues.
- Technologically advanced work with our very high-level portfolio of cutting edge projects, worldwide.
- Opportunities for working internationally.
- Excellent opportunities to learn more and be involved in making the global growth happen!
To apply for this position, please submit your application through our careers portal, including CV and a cover letter. Please submit your application by February 28th, 2018.
If you would like more information about this position, please call, Head of Engineering, Mr. Teemu Tiilikainen, +358 50 4581601.
Neste Jacobs name has changed 1 January 2018 and we are now Neste Engineering Solutions. Please find further information of our business and projects at www.nestejacobs.com.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1103880
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Kotka, Porvoo, Turku