Head of Category, Technology
Lindström Group Oy
Are you looking for the next steps to shine professionally with circular economy present in your everyday work? Get ready to work in a global and innovative textile service business, with a turnover of 400 million. With a 170-year-long history (not retiring anytime soon!) of caring for our people and customers, we are ready to expand our Lindström family. Currently we, a Finnish family-owned company, have over 4300 inspiring people in 24 countries around Europe and Asia.
Head of Category, Technology
Would you like to work for a successful and fast-growing international service company that has a long and solid history in b-to-b business? Are you a procurement professional with experience and interest in technology? If so, we are happy to tell you that we might just have something for you. As Lindström’s business keeps growing rapidly in 24 countries, we are now looking for Head of Technology Category to strengthen our global Procurement team.
In this role, you will focus on and drive a culture of cost optimization of Technology Category spend. Technology category primarily contains IT products and services needed by employees at Lindström. In addition, technology covers equipment, hardware, and software that are part of Lindström’s customer products and services. You will report to Vice President, Procurement and Supply Chain, and in matrix to Vice President, IT. You will join IT management team and collaborate with Lindström’s service and product concept teams as well as with external suppliers. You will be located in our head office in Helsinki.
Some of your tasks will include:
• Developing and driving the implementation of Technology Category plan according to Global Procurement strategy
• Designing and executing global sourcing and supplier management strategies that drives revenue growth and/or cost savings in technology areas
• Drafting, negotiating and executing contractual documents including but not limited to master service agreements, statements of work, letter agreements and work orders
• Supporting the Supplier collaboration and innovation throughout Supplier relationship management and Governance model, including mitigation of technology supplier risks
• Contribution to business cases for executive review and approval
• Other duties/projects as assigned by business management as needed
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
• 5+ years of experience in technology sourcing or similar role.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing category management plans, business case writing, strong background in market intelligence research
• Advanced key procurement skills; RFx development, proficient in negotiation strategy and tactics, strategic sourcing, management of supplier relationships, understanding of risk mitigation principles.
• Experience in working in global environment and dealing with larger, international suppliers and outsourcing contracts
• General understanding of ITIL and IT capabilities
• Good legal knowledge, especially in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to clearly and concisely communicate information at multiple levels
Interested? For more information, you can contact Jussi Kärkkäinen, VP Procurement and Supply Chain, tel. +358 40 649 5444, best available at February 19th and 21st at 14:00-15:00. Apply for the position by filling in our online application form no later than 23th of February.