Head of Business Tax and Tax Control
Nordea Bank Oyj
Would you like to be part of a Nordic team of highly competent tax specialists in the dynamic financial sector, managing complex tax issues in a sustainable way to support business decision making?
We are now looking for an experienced tax accounting and reporting specialist with strong tax analytical skills to join Nordea Group Taxes in an important role of managing and developing the group’s tax reporting processes, tax tools and controls. Besides the tax controller skills mentioned, you will be leading one of two teams in Group Taxes, the Business Tax team. Hence, your managerial skills are equally important.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to Nordea Group Taxes. We add value by setting the framework for management of the Group’s tax matters and monitoring the tax risks and costs for the Nordea Group. As Head of Business Tax and Tax Control, you’ll play a valuable role in setting the framework for tax related processes including the group tax reporting.
The Business Tax team's role is to act as a central co-ordinator of operational tax and VAT related matters globally and to provide recommendations in order to ensure consistency and synergies on how tax risks and costs are to be managed. We provide global policies, instructions and guidelines as well as guidance on operational tax and VAT. The team has a number of dedicated Business Tax Partners supporting the business areas on implementation of tax internal and external rules and monitoring the risks and costs occurring.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll lead the Business Tax team within Nordea Group Taxes, where we are responsible for setting the framework for management of the Group’s VAT and operational tax matters and monitoring the tax risks and costs for the Nordea Group. You will be part of Group Taxes management team.
In addition to managing your team you will:
- Oversee and manage the periodic group tax reporting process, ensure efficiency of controls and provide specialist support to the reporting entities and other stakeholders
- Participate in quarterly and annual reporting cycle in group tax controller role to ensure quality outputs and translating them into insights to management
- Maintain and develop tax reporting related instructions and guidelines, arrange training and coach internal stakeholders to enhance tax reporting competences within the organization
- Identify opportunities for and drive standardization and automatization of tax reporting and tax filing processes for improved efficiency and compliance
- Leverage your knowledge of financial processes, systems and tax data flows to drive efficiencies, increased visibility and enhanced controls in the wider context of tax, transfer pricing, VAT and WHT compliance and risk management
- Monitor regulatory changes in relation to tax reporting (IFRS) and tax compliance and participate in the representation of financial sector interests through relevant bodies
The role is based in Nordea headquarters in Vallila, Helsinki. Welcome to a collaborative team that takes ownership and is passionate about supporting in strategic business decisions and day-to-day tax management.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have strong process management and documentation skills and passion for improvement, development and opportunities provided by evolving technologies
- Have detailed understanding of Finnish corporate income taxation (experience on corporate income taxation in other Nordic countries is an advantage) and wide general understanding of
- Have collaborative working style, strong sense of ownership and solution-oriented mindset
Your experience and background:
- Masters degree with specialization in tax, accounting and/or finance
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in working with complex IFRS tax reporting issues in a multinational group or in a Big4 consultancy firm
- Excellent knowledge of IAS 12, IFRIC 23 and other relevant reporting regulation
- international corporate income tax principles and transfer pricing related reporting requirements
- Advanced skills in HFM/Hyperion and data analytics are a must; experience in SAP and other system/software skills will be an asset
- Professional level spoken and written English is required
- Leadership experience is an advantage
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 15 April 2020. We will start interviews already during the application period. For more information about the position, please contact Eva Jigvall +46 72 561 5328 or Oili Lahdenperä, +358 40 7762602
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.