Group Technical Advisor, Industry
Group Technical Advisor, Industry
Come and join our international team of technical advisors working with technical support on group level in metal and wood segments of Tikkurila Industry. We are a small international team with members from Finland, Estonia and Sweden. In our company structure our team is called Group Technical Support Industry and we are a part of Group Business and Product Development in which Portfolio and Product Management are also included.
We are offering you the opportunity to work with paint and coatings, used by our industrial metal customers in the sub-segments Protective Coatings (PC) and OEM. Industrial application of paint is made in highly specified and often fully automatic application lines. Our job is to support our colleagues in R&D, Sales and Local Technical Support in customer projects, with training and by providing technical information. We have a special focus to support International Key Account Managers in their work with global customers. Our customers are found in Europe, US and China and this is where we operate. When we are not travelling, we work in our application center with testing of new product development and educating ourselves, often at equipment suppliers.
The position is based in Vantaa, Finland.
Your main responsibilities will include...
- Lead and administrate product / system related application trials (new development or modification) in Group level
- Support in product development and benchmarking from technological and application performance point of view
- Present product application performance during new launches events and Tikkurila Academy sessions
- Perform trainings within Tikkurila Academy, at local BU’s and at customers.
- Present company and industrial product performances in different Global exhibitions
- Support with best practice and technological know-how to IKAM customers, Tikkurila´s subsidiaries and Export department
- Be a member of Group Portfolio Development Team on strategic planning of new product and technology need
- Create and administrate paint system information for web display
- Support Group R&D and Group Claim Management with expertise in claim handling
- Follow technological market trends, new technology and present these in PDT meetings
To succeed in this role, we think you have...
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical engineering or relevant field of education
- Experience in working in matrix and international organization including global OEM customers
- Solid experience in project work
- Have a structured and high-level approach to planning, execution and follow-up in meetings, presentations and reporting for the activities and projects that are worked with.
- Strong knowledge of paints & coatings, technical know-how, spraying and application technologies. If not, you have an even stronger ambition to learn it.
- Good knowledge about ISO12944 and other paint related standards is seen as a benefit.
- Experience in creating and giving trainings and presentations
- Used to work with standard IT based software like Office 365, Teams, CRM, Stage gate-processes.
- Willingness and ability to extensive travel
- Self-driven with great networking skills
- Commercial & customer first mindset
- Strong written and oral English language skills. Other languages are a benefit
If you are a hands-on person with a strong drive to run projects, finding solutions to challenges and interacting with people even in situations that are not always following a defined format, we would like to get to know you.
We offer you a chance to work with a Nordic market leader in a challenging and international position with an opportunity for professional development, and an inspiring and motivating place to work with great colleagues. We can promise you a free and independent work that is constantly varying depending on type of projects, technology and customer.
You will report to Ola Håkansson, Group Technical Support Manager, Industry. If you have any questions about the position, please call Ola on +46 706 32 29 21 or email@example.com
Please send your application by 8th March 2020.