Group Accountant, Group Finance
We are looking for a new Group Accountant to join our global Finance team in Helsinki. This is an exciting time to join our Finance team, as we are building an inhouse accounting team where you would be a key player in shaping our accounting function and running our bookkeeping in-house. Depending on your preferences, there is also a possibility to grow into a team lead role.
As our Group Accountant, you will manage daily accounting related tasks, take ownership of group consolidation and play an important role in the monthly group closing process together with the team. We are transitioning to IFRS reporting in FY19 and will provide you with an opportunity to learn this reporting framework.
Smartly.io has grown rapidly to new markets, and we have currently 10 legal entities around the world. In this role you will be reporting to the Global Head of Controlling and join our fun, flexible and driven finance team! We hope you enjoy working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. We offer you a steep learning curve and possibility to make significant impact in the company.
Apply now as the position is filled as soon as the right candidate is found. The position is permanent. If you have questions about the position, feel free to contact our Global Head of Controlling Annukka Piirala (annukka.piirala[at]smartly.io, +358 40 7626043) or Group Controller Susanna Kaurinkoski (susanna[at]smartly.io, +358 40 8283270).
As a Group Accountant at Smartly.io, you will:
- Be in charge of the monthly group consolidation process for Smartly.io Group
- Take a big role in in-housing group accounting from our current external service provider
- Take ownership of the Finnish entity’s accounting
- Work actively with the outsourced service providers around the world to ensure good-quality accounting and reporting throughout the group
- Take part in accounting related decision making
We offer you:
- A flexible working environment close to Helsinki central railway station, in Postitalo premises
- Dynamic team, fast-growing business and a cosy working environment
- Full 25 days of annual holidays starting from your first day
- Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.
We're definitely looking for you if you:
- Have relevant working experience in accounting and group consolidation - rather than a specific number of years in experience we are looking for the right skill set
- Have a degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Have solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and co-operate with the team to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Are detail and result oriented, comfortable working in collaborative settings, and have an eye for continuously automating and improving processes
- Are fluent in using MS Office (Excel)
- Are comfortable using English in a work context
- Experience in using Netsuite is considered an advantage
- IFRS experience is considered a plus
The recruiting process is an opportunity for both you and us to see if we're made for each other. Usually, the whole recruitment lasts ~3 weeks from start to end.
STEP 1 - Introductory call with your possible future team member
STEP 2 - Small case assignment related to the role of Group Accountant
STEP 3 - Onsite interview at our office or over a video call and going through the role related case assignment with your potential team lead and team member
STEP 4 - Smartly.io demo simulation - this is part of every recruitment process at Smartly.io, to stay close to the product and customers!
STEP 5 - Discussion with our CFO
Who we are
Smartly.io automates every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity. We automate creative production and ad buying in one single platform.
We are a global team of over 350 Smartlies with footholds in 13 cities, serving more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle.
We take ownership, optimize impact and maximize learning. Smartlies choose us and grow with us thanks to our company culture. Learn more at smartly.io/culturehandbook.