Graduate, Operations Development, UPM Raflatac
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Graduate, Operations Development to join us in UPM Raflatac for a minimum of 12 months fixed term contact to be started at the latest in September 2019. Home base of this position is in Tampere, Finland including 2-3 approximately 3-month international assignments in Poland, China or USA.
The UPM Graduate Programme gives your career a whirlwind start with many opportunities for future development. During the 12-month programme you gain international work experience and develop your skills to a new level. Experienced and inspiring UPM manager mentors provide coaching for the trainees throughout the programme. At UPM, we are inspired by the limitless opportunities of bioeconomy and constantly innovating for new renewable and responsible solutions. Read more at www.upm.com/graduate and join us!
UPM Raflatac is labeling a smarter future by developing innovative and sustainable labeling solutions complemented with world-class service. As one of the world’s leading producers of self-adhesive label materials, we supply high-quality paper and film label stock for consumer product and industrial labeling through a global network of factories, distribution terminals and sales offices. We employ around 3,000 people and made sales of EUR 1.5 billion (USD 1.8 billion) in 2018.
Greetings from your future colleague
“You will be part of our global production team and have a superb vantage point to explore opportunities in a truly global production platform. You will have a change to work in multiple factory locations across different regions and get to know our production professionals and state-of-the-art production facilities. This is a great opportunity to work in a very agile business with a fast-paced working environment combined with a unique company culture.” -Jani Konkarikoski
What you will do
- Take part in continuous improvement work at factories to develop product quality and production efficiency
- Work together with production and quality teams to standardize processes
- Collect and analyse production data
- Develop raw material quality together with quality teams and our suppliers
- Participate specific development projects during the assignments
Who you are
- You have a Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering and you have graduated at the latest by end of September 2019
- You easily adapt to new environments
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and great analytical skills
- You are innovative and have an initiative mindset
- You are willing and able to travel
- You are fluent in spoken and written English
- Previous international experience is considered as an asset
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For more information about the open position, please contact via email Joni Salmi, General Manager, Tampere Factory, UPM Raflatac, firstname.lastname@example.org or Pia Helminen, Director, HR, email@example.com.
Please apply via the link above and attach your CV and cover letter by 4th of August 2019.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.