We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Global Software Portfolio Manager at ABB Oy, Drives Business Line in Helsinki. In this position, you will be developing new and maintaining existing PC tools and mobile applications for Drives Business Line, Product Group Drives Products by managing global software portfolio. You will also monitor the execution of larger/strategic software projects to meet their targets. You will also focus on project creation, business perspective and collaboration between product management and R&D.
• User interfacing PC tools and mobile applications software portfolio management in product development
• Project execution monitoring, progress reporting and release quality
• Budgeting and controlling portfolio costs and financials
• Project priority monitoring and facilitating changes to reach targets
• Internal and external resources capacity management globally
• New project proposal planning together with other functions
• Understanding of software tools customer value by evaluating business/market requirements
• Collaboration and knowledge sharing between different R&D units
• Guiding global software development competence management
• Innovating and driving future strategy
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in computer science or electrical engineering
• Several years’ experience of management in R&D in a multi-cultural environment
• Strong software development background and familiarity with newest technology trends
• Knowledge of software development processes and project management
• Good teamwork, networking and communication skills
• Ability to focus both on short-term execution and long-term strategic orientation
• You are leader and organizer who takes new challenges without hesitation
• You understand importance of quality and have 'customer first attitude'
• You are innovative, creative and familiar with latest trends in software development
• Excellent written and spoken skills in English
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI69065716 by August 4, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, please contact Mikko Lammi, Global R&D Manager, ABB Oy, PG Drive Products, tel. +358 10 222 3425. Available between July 22 and August 8, 2019.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com