We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Global Quality Manager at ABB Drives, Helsinki, Turgi, Beijing or Ladenburg. In this position, you will have a key role in driving quality improvement in the whole value chain at BU Drives and ensuring the best customer experience possible. You will ensure our organizational effectiveness in quality improvement actions by coaching and challenging the organization. You will be considered an industry expert and be up to date with the latest trends, developments and solutions in the industry both in hardware and software quality. You are capable of creating a "case for change" and successfully execute global quality improvement projects and processes.
• Monitoring quality level of the BU and participating in root cause analyses
• Driving quality and reliability improvement across the global organization through the use of best practices both in hardware and software
• Executing projects and initiatives in cooperation with global and local teams
• Ensuring the organization operates in alignment with ABB quality standards and policies
• Ensuring that the area of responsibility is appropriately organized, staffed, skilled, and directed
• A professionally interesting and challenging working environment in an international team of experienced quality and reliability experts
• True commitment to top-class quality
• Possibility to deliver great results in a global business environment
• Career development opportunities within a global organization
• M.Sc. in Engineering
• Several years’ experience in management-level positions
• Strong background in quality, reliability and lean
• Excellent knowledge of quality tools and processes (L6S black belt preferred)
• Customer-focused mindset
• Solid technical knowledge of electronics manufacturing
• Solid track record of delivering results in an international environment
• Strong presentation skills - both presentation development and presentation delivery
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66490477 by September 23, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Vesa Kandell, tel. +358 50 332 3401.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com