Would you like to be part of Finland’s most interesting technology company?
Meyer Turku is specialized in demanding, innovative and environmental-friendly cruise vessels, car-passenger ferries and special vessels. In Turku, ships have been built successfully all the way since 1737. Meyer Turku has three subsidiaries: Piikkio Works Oy, cabin factory in Piikkiö; Shipbuilding Completion Oy, turnkey supplier of solutions to public spaces in ships; and ENG´nD Oy, shipbuilding and offshore engineering company in Rauma. Together with its German sister shipyards, Meyer Werft in Papenburg and Neptun Werft in Rostock, Meyer Turku is one of the leading cruise ship builders. Co-operation between the three shipyards is developed all the time by sharing the best practices and having collaborative projects.
We are now looking for
Global PLM Concept Owner – Outfitting production
You will join a team of Global PLM Concept Owners, Ship Building experts and IT experts in a phase of ramping up the design performance in the Meyer Group. You will take place in Meyer Global PLM business organization taking the responsibility for ensuring that the specified design and production processes meet the real life as methods and stakeholders commit to agreed goals. The task is to learn from our experience of our shipyards and subsidiaries in Germany and Finland in this area, bring one new solution to productive use, and then enhance it with continuous improvement.
• Lead Development and Methodology projects across the Meyer sites
• Lead, facilitate and support the domain PLM Master users to find solutions across the sites
• Consolidate business needs and priorities into a development project proposals
• Collaborate with the internal customers and other concept owners to enhance the cross domain capabilities
• Document use cases, acceptance criteria's and methodologies derived from the processes
• Prepare requirements for processes, methodologies and tools
• Act as a focal point for towards the PLM IT development on Manufacturing related topics
• Educational background M.Eng / M.Sc or equivalent working experience
• Deep understanding in the manufacturing processes in project or preferably in marine industry
• Proactive hands-on attitude
• Senior working skills analyzing processes and developing methodologies
• Ability to absorb the signals from field and structure them to requirements
• Good project management skills
• Fluent working level English language skill
• German and Finnish language skills are seen as an advantage
• Experience of existing landscape of PLM applications especially in Delmia is seen as an advantage
Meyer’s long and reliable history in shipbuilding and its steady order book guarantee a positive outlook for your career in international shipbuilding industry.
We promise you an inspirational work community and interesting tasks with top-notch high-technology products. In this community, you can become the best in the world in your own area of expertise. Internal training will help you expand your know-how even further.
We also consider free-time wellbeing and satisfaction of our employees important. The shipyard’s own occupational health clinic provides a wide range of medical services. Our own gym and other excellent physical exercise opportunities guarantee that you will not run out of spare-time activities.
At Meyer Turku, you are part of the team building the most luxurious and beautiful cruise ships in the world.
Head of CAD Systems, Basic Design