You will join a team of Global PLM Concept Owners, Ship Building experts and IT experts in a phase of ramping up the design performance in the Meyer Group. You will take place in Meyer Global PLM business organization taking the responsibility for ensuring that the specified design business processes meet the real life as methods and stakeholders commit to agreed goals. The task is to learn from our experience of our shipyards and subsidiaries in Germany and Finland in this area and bring one new solution to productive use and then enhance it with continuous improvement.
• Leading Development and Methodology projects with the company specified project methods
• Lead, facilitate and support the domain PLM Master users to find solutions across the sites
• Has the responsibility to lead, facilitate and create the HVAC Concepts for all Meyer sites together with the business stake holders
• Has authority to decide from existing software landscape which systems are used during HVAC design execution
• Consolidate business needs and priorities into a development project proposals
• Collaborates with the internal customers and other concept owners to enhance the cross domain capabilities
• Document overall acceptance criteria's and methodologies derived from the processes
• Prepare requirements for processes, methodologies and tools
• Reports PLM status and escalation topics to the PLM Business lead
• Act as a focal point for towards the PLM IT development on HVAC related topics
• Educational background M.Eng / M.Sc or equivalent working experience
• Deep understanding in the HVAC design in the marine industry
• Proactive hands-on attitude
• Senior working skills analyzing processes and developing methodologies
• Ability to absorb the signals from field and structure them to requirements
• Good project management skills
• Sufficient English language skills
• Any experience of existing landscape of PLM applications Plancal Nova, Cadmatic or Dassault products
• German and Finnish language skill are seen as an advantage
We offer a very interesting and versatile position and an opportunity to enhance your competencies.
For more information about the position you may contact Atte Peltola, Global PLM Business Lead (Mobile: +358 400 709 453).
Meyer Turku Oy employs 1,750 persons and specializes in building highly complex, innovative and environmentally friendly cruise ships, car-passenger ferries and special vessels. Together with two sister shipyards in Germany, Meyer Werft in Papenburg and Neptun Werft in Rostock, Meyer Turku is one of the world’s leading cruise ship builders. The successful shipbuilding tradition in Turku has been continuing since 1737. The company is currently building cruise ships for TUI Cruises. The company will also build two cruise ships for Costa Crociere, Carnival Corporation and Royal Caribbean International.
The design and construction of the ships are supported by the subsidiaries of Meyer Turku: Piikkio Works Oy, which is a Cabin Factory in Piikkiö, Shipbuilding Completion Oy, which provides turnkey solutions to public spaces in ships, and ENG´nD Oy, which is an engineering company offering services for shipbuilding and offshore.