ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for an experienced professional to take up the role of a Global Manager for our Marine Advisory Software Business at ABB, Marine and Ports Business Unit. The preferred locations for the position are Helsinki in Finland, Oslo in Norway and Rotterdam or Zwolle/Dalfsen in Netherlands. You will be leading a global business focused on delivering digital solutions and services to our marine customers for voyage optimization, energy efficient operations, and improved safety. In this position, you will lead our global team of sales professionals, product management, operations and software development.
• Leading the Marine Advisory Business globally
• Preparing and implementing the strategy to become the market leader in Marine Advisory software
• Ensuring that the organization is able to increase order intake, improve profitability, and maintain a high market share and customer satisfaction
• Building and developing relationships with key customers and stakeholders
• The opportunity to drive the digitalization of the marine industry
• The opportunity to be part of selling cutting-edge solutions in the areas of software, machine learning, analytics, and sensor fusion
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field
• A proven track record in management / sales of software-based products or services, with success stories
• Experienced team leader
• A good knowledge of digital technologies and trends
• Willingness to travel (60–80 days per year)
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• A maritime background, particularly in ship operation or software-based products and services
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID HQ66943542 by November 14, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Tomas Arhippainen, tel. +358 50 332 4886.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com