We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Global IS Application Manager for PLM at ABB Information Systems in Helsinki or Kraków. You will qualify local business requests and oversee their adaption and implementation, ensure the quality of the service and keep it aligned with the needs of business to maintain high-end user satisfaction. You will take end to end responsibility for particular applications from both the support and development perspectives, and make a significant contribution to the current and future services delivered to business.
• Manage and drive the ABB PDM/PLM environment over the complete product lifecycle
• Create a strategic development plan to ensure competitiveness and optimize efficiency of activities related to the PDM/PLM environment
• Define and deliver the actions needed to improve the quality of the service and keep it aligned with the needs of the business
• Collect, verify and define requirements from all connected units
• Initiate and support rollout activities to prepare the organization to apply engineering environments in their operations processes
• Define and build-up a global team of application experts and reference key user contacts
• Ensure knowledge sharing from the global team to the connected key users
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• Induction to the job based on your previous experience
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity for professional development, for example global IS design and engineering application management
• High technical knowhow of PDM/PLM applications especially related to 3DEXPERIENCE
• Good technical knowhow of CAD applications
• High awareness of quality and standardization
• Good analytical skills
• Self-motivated, independent, organized and structured way of working
• Ability to set priorities and make decisions
• Good presentation, communication & negotiation skills
• Encourages team-work and boosts team-results in international teams
• Fluent English (technical & commercial)
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program supported by your team colleagues, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area.
ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the position ID FI66181894 by October 21, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Mikko Jokela, tel. +358 10 222 1082.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com