Global Communication Manager
Virta is looking for an experienced public relations and communication professional to join Virta Marketing & Communication team in Helsinki, Finland.
You have a brilliant position in an innovative forerunner company in the booming electric vehicle charging sector, contributing to the disruption of the energy industry towards a cleaner future. This is your chance to become a top talent in a business area that will change the world.
You'll be building international media publicity for a company who is the opinion leader in its industry. Your goal is to get main media coverage for all Virta activities in the current and future markets.
- Seek high-level placements in international print, broadcast and online media
- Manage external speaking opportunities and relevant press extensions
- Build and maintain strong media relationships
- Leading solution-specific communication strategies
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected challenges in communication
- Social storytelling and community management
- Support in public affair activities
- Keep current on industry trends, issues and news
What is expected from you:
- 8+ years of experience in PR / communication
- Proven track record in creating large scale publicity and buzz for the phenomenon
- A strategic, critical thinker with strong storytelling skills who can work in aa fast-paced start-up environment
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills in English, other European languages are considered as a plus - especially German and/or French. Finnish is not obligatory
- Excellent judgment, particularly in narrow time frames
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and present it in a clear, concise and conversational manner
- Strong editing skills and painstaking attention to detail
- Strong media relationships in Europe
- A positive attitude and willingness to participate in various types of projects and events
- Willingness to take smart risks and lead initiatives with confidence
- Strong ability to work independently or collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Digital and social storytelling and engagement experience is a plus
What you´ll get:
- A skilled and international team of experts, who are some of the best in the world in this area
- A cozy office with spectacular views and great transportation links
- Breaks from work with table tennis, an endless selection of cookies and Friday beers
- Great colleagues to work with
- Competitive compensation package
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, please apply now by sending your application with salary expectations by 05.05.2019. For more information: Johanna.firstname.lastname@example.org. We will start handling applications already during the application period.