Global Category Manager
Global Category Manager is responsible to implement and create sourcing plans and strategy as directed by sourcing and procurement management to effectively manage the Fabrication & Machining category sourcing activities. This position is responsible for maximizing supplier performance and supporting Metso Flow Control Business line strategy. You will lead a team of 4 persons, located in China and India.
- Develop strategy and lead supplier negotiations to improve supply chain performance, responsible for lower total costs and mitigate risks. Responsible for procurement savings and operational performance of suppliers for Fabrication & Machining category.
- Identify and engage global internal stakeholders to capture requirements in order to meet business needs for quality, OTD and cost.
- Identify opportunities and initiate strategic supply agreement with valued supply partners. Create strategy for assigned category and proactively drive initiatives to meet sourcing objectives and KPI's.
- Responsible for Fabrication & Machining global category supplier compliance with applicable laws & regulations and Metso policies and guidelines including HSE, Supplier Code of Conduct etc. Preparation of data and analysis for contract negotiations and pricing discussion. (e.g., spend analysis, research market and industry conditions, and collect forecast data on volumes).
- Participate in development and implementation of sourcing strategies considering current and future requirements in Product Development, Quality and Manufacturing.
- You have ability to extensive travelling. Position requires extensive amount of travelling mainly to China, India, South East Asia and Valve Operations manufacturing locations.
We see that you have a minimum of Bachelor degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or related field or equivalent education and at a minimum of 5-10 years working experience in global sourcing or procurement environment. You have a strong business mindset and good knowledge of the corporate functions within the supply chain and logistics management.
You should have strong communication skills and strong customer focus with ability to balance quality, delivery and price equation. You are a team player and enjoy working in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment. Sound knowledge of business tools and english language.
Metso operates in a very dynamic international environment and is a global leader in its field. We offer a high profile interesting and challenging position in truly global environment. This position also gives you good opportunities for personal development.
For more information about the position, please contact Esa Lumme, Senior Director, Procurement & Sourcing, tel: +358 40 568 3297 on August 13 13 – 15, 16.8 10 – 12, 19.8 10 – 12 OR 22.8 13 – 15.
Please send your resume and application with salary expectation via Metso Careers page latest by September 8, 2019.
Metso is a smoke-free workplace in Finland.