Global Category Manager with Europe focus
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
We are looking for a Global Category Manager. In this position you will be a vital member of the procurement and logistics team within the Motion & Generators in Europe. Reporting to the Priscilla Garibay, you will take ownership of financial targets, designing / implementing programs and processes to assist in meeting them.
- Developing, planning and implementing Procurement & Logistics (PL) strategies with a focus on reducing costs, and increasing quality, delivery and reliability of suppliers and supplied products for Copper & Aluminum.
- Leveraging the Continuous Improvement Process Sourcing (CIPS) processes, implementing effective sourcing strategies in line with business strategy, and ensuring that the supply base/suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements.
- Managing the planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost, budgets, emerging country spending and savings forecasts to maximize profitability.
- Identifying risks and minimizing quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Negotiating agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renewing price lists, terms and conditions to ensure high performance.
- Adapting corporate contractual framework to the local business needs, recommending frame agreements to management, and providing ongoing oversight and contract management with suppliers on behalf of the business.
- Ensures the identification, investigation, and selection of appropriate suppliers (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with Company policies.
- Applies and implements Supply Chain Management standards, tools, and processes focused on business continuity for the assigned group of commodities.
- Contributes and participates in setting and implementing budget, targets within framework, tracks performances and ensures targets are achieved.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University degree in engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Over 7 years of business experience – preference in engineering or industrial organization-
- Global experience with multi-cultural exposure & -sensitivity/engagement- having worked globally a plus.
- Sound knowledge in the category in scope.
- Lean Six Sigma (L6S) certified – Minimum green belt.
- Process oriented, agile coupled with compliant nature.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to develop, implement and document strategies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills
- Travel will be required to visit suppliers and ABB facilities up to 30%.
<!-- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -->
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI70276158 by November 29, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have any questions, we’d be happy to answer. Please contact Priscilla Garibay
Global Category Manager Copper & Aluminum Motors and Generators Business Line, +41 79 341 5921