Global Category Manager, TextilesLindström Group
We are now looking for a GLOBAL CATEGORY MANAGER, TEXTILES to join our new Category Management team in the global Procurement and Supply Chain organization!
In this role, you will havegroup-level procurement ownership of the textile category. You will be the key resource to gather and master global information about textile-specific supplier networks, supplier’s technical capabilities, price structures, and cost development of products and raw materials, and you will be responsible for he category’s spend and cost-saving actions.
Key responsibilities in this role:
- Category strategy execution and creation of transparency of potential sources
- Supplier approvals and supplier management within the textile category
- Leading textile category price negotiations and conducting spend analysis, including local vs. regional vs. global negotiation approaches
- Creating and analyzing relevant reports and data about raw materials and textiles
- Managing supplier audits and supplier performance scorecards and proliferating category targets into supplier targets
- Leading global sourcing projects within the textile category
- Defining required competencies and training for Lindström employees who work with and within the textile category
- Supplier risk management (e.g. always a second source available)
We are looking for a highly motivated, quality- and service-oriented team player with a positive ‘can-do -attitude and great teamwork skills. You are excited to develop your existing skillset and have the willingness to take responsibility and grow professionally. We value the ability to create trust and build relationships within the company throughout the organization and countries. You will be working in an international and multicultural environment that requires a proactive and flexible approach.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Minimum of five years of experience in the procurement business
- Detailed technical and business knowledge of textiles
- Deep understanding of supplier markets
- Expert skills in negotiations and negotiation tactics
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Commercial and entrepreneurial attitude and drive
- Ability to manage targets and projects effectively against deadlines in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to build wide and effective network of contacts
- Focus on customer needs and satisfaction
- University degree, preferably in technical and/or commercial field
We offer you an interesting, versatile, and rewarding position with a unique and value-driven organization with a strong culture of caring. At Lindström, you can feel appreciated as who you are and be encouraged to develop yourself, bring forward your ideas and utilize your strengths in the best possible way with the opportunity to grow and develop professionally. You will get a responsible role in the modern international working environment and an interesting portfolio of 24 different markets. Our supportive and flexible work culture helps you succeed in your work.
Interested? If yes, please tell us more about yourself and apply for the position by filling in our online application form no later than 16th of August. Please be quick, as we will be reviewing applications already during the application period. For more information, please contact Jarmo Vahtervuo, Vice President, Procurement & Supply Chain. Jarmo is available for a call as follows:
Wednesday 10/8, klo 09:00 – 12:00
Monday 15/8, klo 13:00 – 15:00
Phone: +358 40 522 2072