Are you a finance professional with experience and eager to grow in financial accounting? Would you like to become a key contributor to the continued success of one of Europes fastest growing tech companies? If so, then please read on - we are looking for a GL Accountant to our customer Wolt!
We will proceed with good candidates in the application order, so please apply as soon as possible and at latest 12th of December.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and were best known for our food delivery platform. Founded in 2014, today we have over 3,000 employees, 80,000 courier partners and we operate in 160+ cities across 23 countries. We are one of fastest growing companies in Europe, and with nearly ~1B$ funding from leading investors, also perfectly set-up for continued success.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As we continue to scale, were now looking for detailed-oriented GL Accountants to ensure high quality financials. You have gained experience on financial statements and record to report processes with IFRS and/or local GAAP knowledge. Your work will result in providing reliable figures to different stakeholders. This role gives you the opportunity to contribute to the journey to develop our financial processes further. Working in a flat organization, you are not afraid of varied duties.
The role is based in Finland, and you will be working out of our HQ in the central part of Helsinki.
What makes the Finance team so special is our service first approach to the job - we enjoy creating strong communication loops with the wider business, so that bottlenecks are minimised and that things get done quickly and efficiently.
* Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international
* Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
* A competitive salary and benefits
* Processing of primary accounting documents and data input in ERP system
* Ensuring that the primary accounting documents are accurate and complete
* Implementing and ensuring group accounting policies and principles are followed
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* Month end closing activities for defined entities
* Assisting in financial statements preparations
* Assisting different stakeholders with accounting related questions
* Assisting with audit requests
* Preparation of various regulatory reporting
* Proper archiving of the accounting documents
Everybody is accountable for their own workload and takes pride in being meticulous and precise. We also enjoy learning and developing as we go - its important that you share this approach! :)
The role is based in Helsinki, Finland but you will also have a possibility to work with a flexible hybrid model.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Minimum 2 years relevant experience
* Degree in Finance; accounting
* Previous knowledge of accounting and IFRS
* Understanding of accounting processes
* Good analytical skills
* Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Other language skills are seen as a plus
* Prior experience in NetSuite or SAP is a plus
* Must be eligible to work in the E.U
As a person, we expect you to be self-imposed and willing to continuously develop yourself and company's ways of doing.
* Start: January 2022
* Work extent: Permanent and fulltime position
* Location: Helsinki, Finland (possibility to work with a hybrid model)
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Wolt that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Read more about Wolt.