Are You our new Geotechnical Engineer?
Terrafame Ltd is a Finnish multi-metal company founded in 2015. Its mine and production plants are located in Sotkamo, Finland. The company's bioleaching-based production process is unique and it has a much lower carbon footprint than conventional nickel production technologies. Terrafame is currently constructing one of the world’s largest battery chemicals production lines, which will move the company ahead in the metal refinery chain from a manufacturer of semi-finished metal products to a producer of battery chemicals for electric vehicle batteries. In 2019, Terrafame’s net sales amounted to EUR 310 million, and the company's industrial site employed approximately 1,500 people, of which around half were employees of its partner companies. www.terrafame.fi
As our open pit mine in production expands and we are developing another deposit towards production, we are looking for a person for a new role. As a Geotechnical Engineer in the team you will be carrying out geotechnical service tasks to provide geotechnical advice to mining operations and to ensure geotechnical risks are effectively identified, managed and controlled.
- Ensure that geomechanical properties influencing open pit slope stability are properly understood
- Provide hands on support for geotechnical data collection from open pit and drill cores.
- Participate on developing geotechnical data collection processes.
- Data analysis and geotechnical modelling to support mine planning
- Develop and execute ground control management plan
- Implementation, development and maintenance of slope monitoring solutions
- Provide weekly risk assessments and reports on the geotechnical status of the open pit
- Assist in providing technical advice for other departments geotechnical issues related to dumps, landfills, haul roads, heaps or dams
Qualifications and experience
- University Degree in Geology, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Mechanics
- Previous experience in a Geotechnical role(s). Previous work in hard rock open pit environment is an advantage.
- Ability to use or learn standard geotechnical software
- Willingness to work on field
- Fluent in English. Finnish is an advantage.
For more information on the position, please contact Mr. Juho Torvi, Department Manager, tel +358 20 7130 800 (switchboard) or email@example.com
Please fill your application immediately, but no later than 31.5.2020. The application processing and selection process is ongoing throughout the application period.
If you're interested in this role, submit an application to our career site: https://www.kykyjentalteenotto.fi/avoimet-tyopaikat.html