General Counsel, EMEA, Legal
Kemira is a global company providing chemicals and expertise to operations around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future. If you have the right mix of curiosity, a drive for excellence and an innovative mindset, we want to talk to you.
We are now looking for an experienced Regional General Counsel for our Legal organization. You will be a key business partner and the go-to person for legal advice and strategic legal support required in EMEA, particularly in Northern Europe. You'll be responsible for supporting and advising Kemira businesses, corporate functions and legal entities in the region in a wide range of legal and business matters, including general corporate, commercial and contract law. You are also expected to provide comprehensive legal guidance to the regional management and staff on compliance matters relating e.g. to competition and anti-corruption/anti-bribery laws. You will work independently with our business leaders and other stakeholders but always with the full support of our Global and Regional Legal teams and global tools and processes. You will be located in Helsinki and report to the Group General Counsel.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic team along with interesting and wide responsibilities
- Best-in-class colleagues and tools that let you perform at your best
- Developing and training opportunities
- International working environment
What you need:
- Finnish University Degree in Law and minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge on international business transactions and working in a multinational company
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization, a positive attitude as well as collaboration
- Pragmatic and business-minded approach with an ability to prioritize
- Genuine interest in business
- Experience working with senior, executive management
- Ability to identify and analyze critical business issues and apply legal expertise to deliver a solution
- Ability to exercise considerable legal judgment, experience and independent reasoning
- Fluent written and spoken English and Finnish, other language skills are an asset
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira.
For more information, please contact Group General Counsel Jukka Hakkila by e-mail (email@example.com) or by phone +358 4054 42303. For questions, please call during any of the following: Monday June 10 between 13:30-16:00, Wednesday June 12 between 10:00-13:00 or Thursday June 13 between 15:00-16:30.
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectation no later than by June 14, 2019 at kemira.com/careers.
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer.