We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Functional Safety Specialist at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be responsible for ensuring that R&D projects follow functional safety (FS) processes defined by relevant standards (e.g. IEC 61508 and IEC 61800-5-2). In this position, you will developing global R&D processes from the FS point of view in cooperation with colleagues.
• Coordinating and taking part in FS certification tasks in Drive Products R&D projects
• Communication with third-party certification agencies in FS certification projects
• Developing ABB Drives FS management processes and practices with other ABB Drives organisations
• Developing Drive Products FS solutions with product managers and R&D engineers
• Mentoring R&D engineers from different design areas in the requirements and processes of FS.
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• The opportunity to become a certified functional safety professional
• An M.Sc.in electrical engineering
• A few years’ experience working in global R&D projects and functional safety
• Knowledge of frequency converters and safety functions
• Knowledge of EU Directives and IEC and ISO standards related to Functional Safety
• Good job planning, leadership, and management skills
• An active, innovative and open-minded problem-solving approach
• The ability to work both independently and in teams, and to co-operate with all levels of the global organization
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65028275 by June 1st, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Janne Henttonen, tel. +358 50 332 3495.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com