We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an experienced Functional Safety Software Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be involved in designing and implementing embedded software compliant with IEC61508-3. In this position, you will work to actively improve the quality of our codebase, as well as seeking new and innovative ways to add new features for our customers and differentiate us from the competition.
• Designing and implementing IEC61508-3-compliant embedded software
• Actively improve the codebase quality
• Seeking new and innovative ways to add new features for our customers and differentiate us from the competition
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc.in engineering or equivalent
• A few years’ experience in software product development
• Excellent programming skill in C/C++
• Experience of developing software in line with IEC61508-3
• An understanding of lean and agile methodologies
• An innovative, open-minded and stress-tolerant personality with a problem-solving approach to work
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• An architecture- and concept-level understanding of modern power electronics devices from the technology and product point of view
• An understanding of the IoT, digitalization and future-oriented technology
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66666197 by October 14, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Anne Kostiainen, tel. +358 50 332 4489.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com