Danfoss Drives is looking for a Functional Safety Engineer who will be contributing to Danfoss’ strong market position and help gain competitive advantage. Danfoss Drives is creating and developing environmental friendly solutions for better future throug electrification and automation.
Come and join us!
If you are open-minded, have both theoretical and practical experience of new product development, and you are a strong professional in functional safety, then you might be the right person for us.
You will be part of a dedicated international development team, where your technical knowledge is the key. A challenging job awaits you in an international environment, where you will develop yourself technically as well as personally.
The position is located in Vaasa or Tampere
As a Functional Safety Engineer your main task is to develop and implement functional safety solutions into our new and existing products. This includes requirement specification engineering, concept phase management, realization, testing and co-operation with authorities and other development units.
You will be working closely with our product management and development teams in Finland and other global R&D units when developing new products. Danfoss’ Software and Control Engineering Team creates and maintains the control platforms and software in our AC drives.
We offer you an ambitious and passionate working atmosphere with highly skilled, experienced and driven colleagues in a global environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop functional safety solutions based on IEC 61508 standard into our new products including
- Functional safety requirement management
- Functional safety development (focus on embedded software)
- Functional safety verification and validation support
- Assist in the certification process
- Maintain and expand functional safety capabilities in the existing products
- Give support to the organization about safety functions
Background & Skills
To be successful in this position, we expect you to hold an appropriate technical degree (B.Sc., M.Sc.) e.g. in software and/or electrical engineering or similar experience in embedded software development area.
Furthermore, you should have:
- A few years of experience in similar or corresponding tasks in our industry
- Functional safety engineering certification is seen as an asset
- Familiar with agile working methods
- Positive and open-minded attitude
- A good command of English and Finnish
For further information about the position, please contact Lasse Kortelahti Senior Manager, Software Platform, tel. +358 408371516
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted. The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.