Fullstack Engineer (Creative Tools)
As a Fullstack Engineer within our creative tools team Kino, you will build our creative tools for our customers that depend on our image and video templates as part of automating and scaling their advertising.
We mostly work with technologies such as: React, Redux, TypeScript, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis and PHP.
Kino is in the core of Smartly’s product offering. We build and maintain our video- and image templating tools. These tools enable our users to generate images and videos on a large scale, which is a flagship feature of our product.
The team is currently focusing on building and improving our video editing and rendering solutions. These are written in TypeScript using React, Redux and Node.js. We also maintain our image editing and rendering solution. It is in heavy use: during the last 30 days, it rendered 16 billion (16 000 000 000) images on hundreds of servers.
Read more about team Kino's work in our blog:
How We Scaled Our Architecture
25 Petabytes Later — Update on Our Image Rendering Architecture
As a Fullstack Engineer in Kino you will:
- Design, build and operate a modern web platform for the most advanced performance marketers and designers.
- Write maintainable, robust and well tested code in both frontend and backend.
- Design, build and operate scalable micro services running on Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including working with product and UX/UI design to create great user experiences.
What we're looking for:
- Good understanding of React/Redux
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience in building Node.js applications
- Motivation for solving customers’ problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace
What we offer you:
- You’ll have a significant personal impact on the products we’re building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- Focus on building new products and features that form the spearhead of our company.
- Interesting challenges, such as scaling our rendering pipeline and investigating obscure Chromium bugs.
- If you’re interested in working closely with customers, you’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there.
- Support in possible relocation to Helsinki.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Our recruitment process
1. First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
2. Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
3. Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
4. Technical interview: we'll discuss various areas relevant to developers' work at Smartly.io and get an overview of your skills and where you could learn more.
5. Final stages: you'll do an interactive programming exercise with one of our developers and meet our Engineering Director.
Who we are
Smartly.io is building a platform to automate every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity. We are a global team of over 350 Smartlies with footholds in 13 cities, serving more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and Ubisoft.
We’re building the best product company to work for, where highly autonomous engineering teams can take full ownership of creating world-class software. As a Smartlie engineer, you get to tackle challenges of considerable scale and complexity. We develop our product at a fast pace and in close cooperation with the largest online businesses globally.
We take ownership, optimize impact and maximize learning. Smartlies choose us and grow with us thanks to the company culture and smart colleagues. Learn more at smartly.io/culturehandbook.