Full Stack Software Developer, Customer & Online, Liittymäliiketoiminta (Helsinki, Tampere)
”Hey there, it’s me, Elmeri! Ya know, I came up with this killer idea!”
Elmeri doesn’t need to worry, we heard him. We are enabling better customer care and service for all Elisa consumer customers in Liittymäliiketoiminta (mobile & broadband plan business) development team. We are now looking for a new teammate to code these tools that are behind our great customer care.
We are now looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer. In this role you join our multitalented team to develop mobile and broadband plan products and services to Elisa’s consumer customers. We are working end-to-end by developing new functionalities to the whole stack: We are developing backbone processes, the tools used by our customer service and specialists and our customer self-service tools such as our eCommerce (elisa.fi/kauppa) and self-service platform OmaElisa (omaelisa.fi).
But hey, what about Elmeri’s killer idea?
Our team’s main task is to enable and aid in improving consumer customer mobile & broadband plan service and product sales and deliveries. Thus we’re also responsible for background tools used by our own specialists.
Your daily tasks consist of analyzing new ideas coming from the business and translate them into sensible and understandable software requirements and to estimate the implementation cost and price. So, you’re solving how Elmeri’s amazing idea could be implemented agile with minimum effort. If it’s successful, then how those new features could be implemented in phases. Our team is constantly pondering for example: What is the MVP in this case? What are the most important things? What can be left out? How will the idea be implemented fast and efficient and how will it be profitable?
One of your main duties is coding. You will implement all the great killer ideas together with the team. You will guide, mentor and do code reviews, and you will contribute in test automatization and DevOps development. You will improve and maintain our codebase. In time you will deepen your understanding to be able to answer business requests and to evaluate how our “machinery” is working and how to optimize it.
What do we expect from you?
- You have several years of solid experience in modern software development
- Java is very familiar to you. We think that work experience rocks, but with very intensive hobby-based knowledge in coding you could succeed.
- Your focus is on Backend, but some experience on Fronted is required
- You are a team player and have experience working in an agile team
- When needed you foster things proactively
- You have gained experience on mentoring guiding and doing code reviews
- You’ve some software testing skills or at least good understanding and good documentation skills
- You communicate easily in English as our team is international, but you will also benefit from Finnish due the consumer customer business which is mostly in Finnish
Your new team
Your new team is part of Elisa Customer & Online - an agile group in Elisa’s Software Services unit developing online services for our consumer customers. We are about 100 software professionals in eight teams in roles of developers, designers, testers, architects, coaches, service designers, TPOs and POs. Some of us are Finland based and some of us work internationally. We have a good community and we are gathering quite often (when possible without restrictions) thus building trust among our team. Elisa provides us a solid foundation to continuously develop ourselves to be even more agile. What we do directly affects all Elisa’s current and future customers, even though our clients are Elisa’s internal units.
What can you expect from us?
- Very flexible working culture regarding location and time
- A position that is important – your work has a great significance for corporate social responsibility!
- A good opportunity to develop yourself and to learn new things
- The best teammates and caring and supporting supervisors
- A long-term possibility to have ownership of the codebase, commitment to the team and development of the services
- Relaxed working environment with time to develop yourself as well
Got interested? Apply now by clicking the link and leaving a short introduction and CV.
If in doubt, please don’t hesitate to contact our Service Manager Lari (lari.laine [at] elisa.fi)
We will perform a legitimate security clearance on the chosen candidate, which in turn requires having been a resident of Finland for a good number of years before the security clearance can be done.