WithSecure is looking for two full stack software developers to join our global team. The successful candidate will help to deliver our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service, Countercept, which defends organisations against targeted cyber attacks. The MDR development team designs and develops technology for our internal operations teams.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated full stack software engineer to work on the web interfaces and data processing and visualisation tools that the Countercept operations teams use to deliver and communicate the service to our customers.
The location for the position is at our offices in Finland either Helsinki or Oulu - but we do offer extensive possibilities for remote working from within Finland.
- Design and implement web applications that are used by our security operations and customer experience teams
- Design, implement and maintain back-end data processing and analysis tools that are used by our security operations team
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams within MDR – DevOps, Platform Management, Detection & Response Team
- Enforce good software engineering processes, from design through to QA
- Add your perspective to influence the engineering culture of the MDR development team
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, user experience, performance and stability
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables.
- Svelte / SvelteKit in our UI Framework and Storybook
- Languages such as Rust, Python and Go
- DB – SQL, NoSQL, OpenSearch
- AWS services
- CI/CD technologies, e.g. Jenkins
- Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
What we are looking for…
- Ideally 3+ years' experience in software engineering – but we’re open to less!
- Passion and an eye for good design and UX
- Full Software Development Life Cycle experience with two or more end-to-end product deliveries
- A versatile programmer who can rapidly build proof-of-concept solutions but knows when a disciplined approach is needed (e.g. when modifying critical services!)
- Familiarity with fundamental security concepts, e.g. certificates and encryption, and common networking protocols such as DNS and HTTP/S
- Degree educated, with at least a 2.1 in a numerate subject such as Computer Science, Maths, Engineering
- Innovative mindset, to work on unique solutions to common problems
- Ability to grasp the inner workings and philosophy of the WithSecure Countercept service
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with English as your working language
- Experience developing solutions using AWS, AWS-native services and a microservices architecture
- Experience with security products such as firewalls, proxies and VPN’s
- Experience in mentioned languages (Rust, Go, Python, Svelte) is a bonus - knowledge of comparable languages will be considered
Our four promises to you…
- You will have the freedom and flexibility to define new methods and products for solving real world challenges
- You will develop your expertise in current technologies whilst increasing your exposure to the information security space
- You will work together with experienced and enthusiastic colleagues, and within WithSecure you'll find some of the best minds in the cyber security industry
- Your work will be clearly visible – all over the world