Frontend/Fullstack Engineer (Asset Library)
We are looking for a frontend-focused Fullstack Engineer to join team Oodi – a team of currently 6 developers building the asset library that our users use to organize their creative assets.
Team Oodi is responsible for how our customers use their media assets across our application. We provide tools for our customers to store, organize and analyze their assets to make working with them as effortless as possible. The assets are stored in AWS S3 managed by a Ruby on Rails microservice using PostgreSQL and Redis as data storage. The UIs for working with assets are built as a micro frontend with React, Redux, Styled Components, Jest and TypeScript.
Read more about our micro frontend setup here https://medium.com/smartly-io/how-we-built-a-seamless-user-experience-from-multiple-small-front-end-applications-84c568c78a05
As a Fullstack Engineer you will
- Work with the team to implement features that our users need, and take ownership of the things that you build.
- Work both on the frontend and the backend, whichever is required at the time.
- Write well tested, readable and maintainable code. Refactor existing code when required.
- Operate our services deployed to Smartly’s private Kubernetes cluster together with the team.
What we're looking for
- Fluency with current front-end development technologies like React and TypeScript.
- Motivation for solving customers’ problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace.
- Bonus Point: experience in building robust and scalable web backends with Rails or other modern technologies.
What we offer you
- You’ll have a significant personal impact on the products we’re building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- If you’re interested in working closely with customers, you’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there.
- Challenges building resilient and highly available services.
- Support for relocation.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Our recruitment process
1. First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
2. Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
3. Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
4. Technical interview: we'll discuss various areas relevant to developers' work at Smartly.io and get an overview of your skills and where you could learn more.
5. Final stages: you'll do an interactive programming exercise with one of our developers and meet our Engineering Director.