Frontend Engineer (automated optimization tool)
As a Frontend Engineer in our automatic optimization team, you will use your skills to build new capabilities to our core product and make sure our customers find the tool efficient, easy to use and most importantly valuable. You will work as part of an independent fullstack team, so communicating with other engineers, product managers and designers, and even customers is essential.
The main focus of our team is to build automated optimization and A/B testing tools for our customers. While this means that we use advanced Bayesian modeling in the backend, we do our best to make everything as easy as humanly possible to our customers. Our customers are not statisticians, after all. And frankly, as a frontend developer, you don’t need to be, either.
Our current frontend stack consists of React typed with Flow and Typescript. Oldest parts of the codebase still use AngularJS, so being able to read AngularJS and refactor it to React is a plus.
Learn more about what kind of features the team has built in the past:
- Statistical Significance for Humans — Automated Statistical Significance Calculator for A/B Testing
- Tutorial: How We Productized Bayesian Revenue Estimation with Stan
As a Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Design, build and operate a modern web frontend for the world's leading professional online marketing heavy-users.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including working with product and UX/UI design to create a great user experience.
- Deliver and run web-based tools for large audiences.
What we're looking for:
- Fluency with front-end frameworks and tools like React and testing libraries such as Jest.
- Understanding of building a great user experience in web applications.
- Motivation for solving customers’ problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace.
What we offer you:
- We are building our core product so you will have a significant personal impact on our customers and our business.
- Opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there (if you are interested in customer work).
- Great and talented colleagues to work with.
- Support for relocation.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Our recruitment process
1. First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Smartly.io.
2. Technical interview: we’ll discuss areas relevant to you ranging from frontend development to networks, security, and development methods. We’re trying to get a clear overview of your skills and where you could learn more.
4. Final interview with the Team Lead and our Engineering Director.