FP&A Finance Analyst
Mercer (Finland) Oy
Mercer provides insights, advice and technology-driven solutions to help build brighter futures for our clients, colleagues and communities. Together, we’re redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries, and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses, including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
FP&A finance analyst will report to the Nordic & Poland Finance Director. The role is based in Espoo, Finland. The finance analyst will provide FP&A support to both the Nordic and Polish business as well as to the Europe finance organisation. The candidate will be a key partner of the Nordic and Polish country Leadership teams and will also be a strong member of the European finance team.
The candidate will perform multiple tasks including analysis of data, establishing a working partnership with business leaders, assisting with producing forecasts and budget while supporting the overall financial objectives of the firm and ensuring company policies and procedures are followed. The successful candidate should have a proactive, flexible and ‘can do’ style of working and a high level of attention to details.
Range of responsibilities:
- Support the forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning activities for the market
- Assist the FP&A team and business in the analysis, strategy and planning of local and global projects
- Ensure consistent use of financial information across the business
- Focus on key FP&A and business priorities
- Assess business issues, and provide operational advice to support growth, productivity and profit improvement
- Analyse client account data and seek opportunities to improve financial performance
- Partner with the business and leadership so timely actions are implemented
Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant educational background, e.g., Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Ideally at least 3 years’ experience in a business partnership role in the area of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Enthusiasm and confidence to take ownership for delivering financial commitments
- Ability to prioritise multiple demands
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to make complex issues simple
- Willingness to work with Finance Colleagues across Europe and Globally to deliver the best outcome for the company worldwide
- Self-motivated, positive and energized and willing to share ideas
- Willing to get into the details to understand the issues but retaining the ability to see the big picture
- Skilled in building relationship across the business
- Manages Microsoft Excel, Power Point to a high standard; SmartView reporting user experience and Micro-strategy (data-mining) desirable
- Fluent in English
Challenging, meaningful work. Global opportunities. A culture of caring.
At Mercer, we’re as invested in creating brighter futures for our own people as we are for our clients. Our people are our business, and we pride ourselves on encouraging our colleagues’ ideas. As a Mercer colleague, you’re supported by a community of peers and leaders who inspire you to learn, grow and advance in a culture that values your unique strengths. We strive to make Mercer the employer of choice for the best and brightest diverse talent, fostering an inclusive work environment where employees from varied backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities can thrive.
In addition, we offer a competitive salary with annual review, discretionary company bonus, full healthcare coverage and flexible working arrangements.
Contact Information and application
For additional information on the position please contact Johanna Miiros on December 28th at 15:00-16:00 or December 30th at 14.00-15:00, tel. +358 400 603 377.
If you are interested in joining Mercer, please send your CV with a cover letter including your salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24, 2021.