FP&A Finance Analyst
The FP&A finance analyst will report to the Nordic & Poland Finance Director. The role is based in Espoo, Finland. The finance analyst will provide outstanding FP&A support to both the Nordic and Polish business as well as to the Europe finance organisation. The candidate will be a key partner of the Nordic and Polish country CEOs and will also be a strong member of the European finance team. It is a critical role with focus on identifying actions and partnering with the business so that implementation results in better financial performance.
The candidate will perform multiple tasks including analysis of data, establishing a working partnership with business leaders, developing plans and assist with implementation of performance improvement plans, assisting with producing forecasts and budget while supporting the overall financial objectives of the firm and ensuring company policies and procedures are followed. The successful candidate should have a proactive, flexible and ‘can do’ style of working with a proven ability in partnering with business leaders and a high level of attention to detail.
Range of responsibilities:
- Assess business issues, and provide operational advice to support growth, productivity and profit improvement
- Analyse client account data and seek opportunities to improve financial performance
- Partner with the business and leadership so timely actions are implemented
- Support the forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning activities for the market
- Assist the FP&A team and business in the analysis, strategy and planning of local and global projects
- Ensure consistent use of financial information across the business
- Focus on key FP&A and business priorities
Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant educational background, e.g., Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Ideally at least 3 years’ experience in a business partnership role in the area of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Enthusiasm and confidence to take ownership for delivering financial commitments
- Ability to partner with business leaders to drive outstanding performance
- Ability to prioritise multiple demands and guide stakeholders to focus on the key issues
- Ability to influence and challenge in a constructive way
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to make complex issues simple
- End to end problem solver who can proactively anticipate, identify and resolve
- Willingness to work with Finance Colleagues across Europe and Globally to deliver the best outcome for the company worldwide
- Self-motivated, positive and energized and willing to share ideas
- Willing to get into the details to understand the issues but retaining the ability to see the big picture
- Skilled in building relationship across the business
- Manages Microsoft Excel, Power Point to a high standard; SmartView reporting user experience and Micro-strategy (data-mining) desirable
- Fluent in English
Challenging, meaningful work. Global opportunities. A culture of caring.
At Mercer, we’re as invested in creating brighter futures for our own people as we are for our clients. Our people are our business, and we pride ourselves on encouraging our colleagues’ ideas. As a Mercer colleague, you’re supported by a community of peers and leaders who inspire you to learn, grow and advance in a culture that values your unique strengths. We strive to make Mercer the employer of choice for the best and brightest diverse talent, fostering an inclusive work environment where employees from varied backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities can thrive.
In addition, we offer a competitive salary with annual review, discretionary company bonus, full healthcare coverage and flexible working arrangements.
Contact Information and application
For additional information on the position please contact Johanna Miiros on November 5th at 15:00-16:00 or November 10th at 14.00-15:00, tel. +358 400 603 377.
If you are interested in joining Mercer, please send your CV with a cover letter including your salary request to email@example.com by November 16, 2020.
MORE ABOUT MERCER
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy. For more information about Mercer, please visit www.mercer.com.