- Oikotie Työpaikat
- Jätä ilmoitus
Description of position:
We are looking for a research-driven formulation developer eager to apply pharmaceutical science for the advancement of drug development projects. We operate within several therapy areas giving formulation scientist many research opportunities within variety of dosage forms.
Your main responsibility is to design formulations, plan and run studies exploring their feasibility and confirming their appropriateness for the intended use. You will review results, summarize and make conclusions of the studies, and document the work for registration purposes. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders working closely together in multi-disciplinary teams. You will follow the international development in this field of science and develop the activities and practices within formulation development.
The position is temporary until the end of July 2019.
Description of unit:
Drug Product Development is a cross-functional team of scientists and research associates. The scientists in the team work with Orion R&D projects with formulation, chemical analytics and physical analytics. The research associates work with the laboratory of physical analytics that provides physical analytical services for R&D, QC and Fermion. Together we take responsibility for development of drug products for exploratory studies in veterinary species and in human.
Drug Product Development belongs to the Global Pharmaceutical Research function within Research and Development organization.
- A position in a company with an engaging mission, development-driven mindset, and highly motivated people that are fun to work with.
- Exciting and challenging opportunity for cross-scientific and -cultural collaboration.
- Continual training
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in pharmacy or related field. Ph.D. in pharmaceutical technology preferred.
- Experience in research or pharmaceutical industry in dosage form development.
- Knowledge of material sciences and applications in pharmaceutical development.
- Hands-on experience of formulation development and drug product manufacturing processes.
- Experience of working in a GMP-regulated environment preferred.
- Fluent collaboration with CROs and partners.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English are essential.
Additional information on the position:
Marko Saalasti, Head of Drug Product Development, tel. +358 50 966 5396
- on Wednesday 27th of June at 8.30-10 (local time)
- on Thursday 28th of June at 15-16.30
- on Tuesday 31st of July at 14-15
- on Friday 3rd of August at 15-16
Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment.
Orion is a globally operating Finnish pharmaceutical company - a builder of well-being. Orion develops, manufactures and markets human and veterinary pharmaceuticals, active pharmaceutical ingredients and diagnostic tests. The company is continuously developing new drugs and treatment methods. The core therapy areas of Orion's pharmaceutical R&D are central nervous system (CNS) disorders, oncology and respiratory for which Orion developes inhaled Easyhaler® pulmonary drugs. Orion's net sales in 2016 amounted to EUR 1,074 million and the company had about 3,500 employees. Orion's A and B shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Founded in 1917, Orion celebrates its centennial anniversary in 2017.