Firmware Engineering Manager
Eaton Industries Manufacturing Gmbh
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, that keeps the digital world running and enables increase of renewable energy production in electrical grids?
Eaton manufactures 3-phase UPS devices and battery energy storage solutions for the EMEA market at our facility in Espoo. In addition to traditional UPSs we develop hybrid UPS / energy storage solutions. The future trend for UPSs is to be a part of the grid and support usage of renewable energy.
We are looking for an experienced Firmware Engineering Manager. In this role, your main focus will be to lead, coach, and develop the Firmware Development Team. In addition, you will be as well involved in developing embedded SW for power electronics and proving FW related consulting.
Your key deliverables:
- Leads the FW team (50% of working time):
- Leads, develops, and coaches the FW team members. Improves the team’s processes and working practices.
- Develops FW function and builds collaboration with other R&D teams locally and globally in Eaton
- Plans team resourcing (including recruitment) and team project allocation.
- Manages team performance, including goal setting, development, evaluation and rewarding.
- Ensures wellbeing and motivation of team by providing continuous feedback, solving problems, and leading the team through changes.
- Takes responsibility for other administrative tasks related to team management.
- Creates and reviews plans and specifications
- Develops, evaluates and maintains embedded software for UPS systems
- Develops and implements control algorithms
- Creates documentation and specifications for embedded software
- Gives technical support on UPS systems to Product management, Technical support, Sales Support and Sales
- Plans FW releases in collaboration with UPS Sustaining Manager
The role is a fantastic opportunity to work within a World Class Engineering Team and to cooperate with global teams at Eaton.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in similar position (Manager of People)
- Excellent people leadership, collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with project management tools such as: Scrum, Critical Chain Project Management, MS-project, Excel, resource planning tools
We would like to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Ability to develop product solutions that keep the digital world running and enables increase of renewable energy production in electrical grids
- Possibility to develop products, solutions and technologies for world largest technology companies
- Role in developing energy transition
- Truly global working environment
- Possibility to develop your career in Finland or globally
- Eaton is a global power management company, and as a part of Eaton you will have the possibility to work from near the bare bone DSP code to more high-level user-interface programming
- You’ll have the opportunity to experience R&D working in a global environment and learn from our senior power electronics experts globally.
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No