Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work.
Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton manufactures 3-phase UPS devices for the EMEA market at our facility in Espoo. We are looking for an experienced firmware engineer to join our Firmware development team to create and help maintain new code for the next generation of Eaton UPS devices.
As a Firmware Engineer you will take on interesting assignments with maintaining multiple modular products and solve problems down from hardware level to user interface design. In addition to UPSs we develop energy storage and hybrid UPS solutions. The future trend for UPSs is to be a part of the grid and support usage of renewable energy.
You will be responsible for firmware design, implementation and documentation and you will assist in evaluating and building code and testing it in real-world conditions. There is some room to tailor the content of the role according to your skills and wishes.
You will work within our world class Engineering Team in our Espoo Site as well as our global colleagues.
What are we looking for ?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of embedded systems
- Experience with programming in C and C++
- Interest in electronics and coding
- Experience in writing Unit and System tests
- Proficiency in English
- Good problem solving skills
- You are self-driven
- Knowledge of power electronics
- Knowledge of control systems and algorithms
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as CAN, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, Modbus
- Knowledge of object oriented programming concepts
- Knowledge of other languages such as Python
- Knowledge of programming in embedded Linux environment
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
We would like to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Eaton is a global power management company, and as a part of Eaton you will have the possibility to work from near the bare bone DSP code to more high level user-interface programming.
- You’ll have the opportunity to experience R&D working in a global environment and learn from our senior power electronics experts. You’ll hone your engineering and coding skills while developing new cutting-edge UPS devices to help Eaton’s customers manage their power needs more effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
For more information feel free to contact Otto Asunmma / Engineering Manager at OttoAsunmaa@Eaton.com.
When applying please include your CV and cover letter. If you have sample code to share with us, please include a text document with your code sample and a brief explanation of the function and purpose of your code, which you can upload along with your CV and cover letter.
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)