Firmware Engineer for Energy Storage Projects
We are looking for a Software / Firmware Engineer to join our Energy Storage team based in our offices in Espoo, Finland or Le Lieu, Switzerland. The team is currently developing several platforms and innovative solutions which will contribute in enabling our clients using power more efficiently. A critical aspect of success is having firmware and software capable to manage the various aspects of the solution and interface correctly with utility requirements. You will be working in a fast-moving environment and will need to adapt quickly to a fast paced and changing environment. We are looking for a curious professional who will show great sense of initiative working on storage technology and software development.
You will develop the Software that will control storage system at MW scale but also smaller system. Eaton is heavily invested in the Energy Transition towards renewable and more environmentally sustainalbe sources of electricity. You will play a key role in helping move the world in a more sustainable direction.
A. Designs and develops SW solutions for customer’s problems.
B. Reviews designs and implementations of others.
C. Implements products matching the specifications.
D. Executes maintenance and evolution of Eaton Energy Storage offering.
E. Design and implementation of tailored solution for specific customers.
F. Contributes to achieving planning objectives.
G. Contributes to validation plan definition.
H. Respects Eaton quality process.
Education: Engineer, M.S. or bachelor
- Good knowledge and experience in:
- Programming languages (C, embedded C)
- Fieldbuses: CAN, Modbus
- PLC programming (i.e. Codesys)
- Linux and operating systems in general
- Following specialties are nice to have:
- Experience with version control systems like Git and SVN
- Other languages (shell, Perl, Python, …)
- Own SW/HW projects experience
- Experience in embedded development using buildroot or similar tool
- Problem solving oriented, “self-learner” attitude, autonomous, passion for innovation and curious about Smart Grid and Storage technology
- Knowledge/experience of electronics/power electronics and HW development boards (e.g. Raspberry Pi or equivalent) appreciated
- Ability to work in agile team
- Analytical skills for problem solving with focus on simple solutions
- Good English written & oral communications skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Nice to have: French or Finnish communication skills (depending on the location)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.