Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for Financial Controller to join our Financial Control team in Finance Operations for a permanent position. The position is located in Tampere, Finland.
UPM Financial Operations is a customer service oriented global function providing financial expertise for all UPM businesses and functions. We as a team drive to be operationally efficient, performing on a high level to give our very best to our both internal and external customers and stakeholders. In order to succeed in our work we are now looking for new talents to make our organization even more professional, versatile, collaborative and vibrant - ready to take in new challenges!
Greetings from your future colleagues
“In UPM Finance we are facing interesting challenges on a daily basis, for sure working days are not brothers. In addition, continuous improvement and changes are familiar to us. However, it´s easier to tackle those challenges when you have possibility to work with these nice and talented colleagues. Our international group of people is definitely an asset for us and gives energy for everyone.”
– Sanna Hellsten and Sanna Pikkumaa
Who we are
In our team we value good co-operation, coordination and communication skills. We proactively drive changes to meet the future finance development requirements. Our aim with continuous improvement is to develop our end to end processes actively. Agile way of working is driven by our eagerness to learn, offering us opportunities to master new technologies and tools needed in finance processes.
What you’ll do
You will support and perform complex accounting, business reporting and compliance tasks. You will be responsible of management accounting and internal controls in the defined scope and support in financial accounting. You will develop reporting in your own area and participate in development activities in Specialty Papers ENA business. You will also work closely with our outsourcing partners and internal stakeholders.
Who you are
You are a self-directed finance professional with solution-oriented mindset. Your analytical skills and prioritizing capabilities contribute to the success of the whole team. To further strengthen our team you have experience or interest to grow with us in following areas: process thinking, Lean & Agile principles, Scrum method and analytics.
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in finance, preferably in accounting or equivalent qualification
- You have at least three years of work experience in similar field of responsibility area
- You have knowledge in accounting (FAS & IFRS), taxation and reporting processes
- You have excellent IT skills. In addition to normal MS Office tools, it is considered as an asset to have knowledge of SAP, PowerBI or Tableau
- You are fluent in Finnish and English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further information please contact Säde Numminen at email@example.com or via phone +358204146298.
Please apply via the apply link and attach your CV by 20th of March 2019.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
For UPM positions located in Finland, a security background check may be performed for those selected in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.