Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company building a better future for us all? UPM leads the integration of bio and forest industries into a new, sustainable and innovation-driven future. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Financial Controller to our Financial Control team in Finance Operations in Tampere, Finland.
UPM Financial Operations is a customer service oriented global function providing financial expertise for all UPM businesses and functions. We as a team drive to be operationally efficient, performing on a high level to give our very best to our both internal and external customers and stakeholders. In order to succeed in our work we are now looking for a new talent to make our organization even more professional, versatile, collaborative and vibrant - ready to take in new challenges! We are now looking for an experienced accounting professional ensuring quality and timely reporting for Nordland entities in UPM Paper Europe and North America reporting team. www.upm.com
Greetings from your future colleague
“Traditional accounting tasks are not anymore part of our daily work in UPM. We have outsourced all our routine transactional type of work to our outsourcing partners and our work is to ensure on-time quality reporting and develop everything we do towards world class levels. This makes every day an interesting journey in answering the needs of a fast changing global environment. Our vision is to be a world class finance in year 2020. We are on a good path achieving this, but we still need great people to join our journey. If you got excited about these words, we are looking forward to meet you!” -Anne Hänninen
What you’ll do
In this role you will support and perform complex accounting, business reporting and compliance tasks. You will be responsible of financial and management accounting, internal controls and unit level audits in the defined scope. You will develop reporting in your own area and participate development activities in reported business area. You will work closely with our outsourcing partners and internal stakeholders.
Who you are
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in finance, preferably in accounting or equal qualification and at least three years´ of work experience in similar field of responsibility area
- You have a proven track record in accounting
- You have good co-operation, coordination and communications skills
- You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable with changes
- You have a positive can-do attitude and eagerness to learn more
- Fluency in English is required in our global environment
- SAP experience is considered an asset
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further questions regarding this position, please contact Else-Mari Vuosjoki,, Manager, RTR Processes at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358408422488
Please apply via the apply button and attach your CV and cover letter by 18th of March. We will start going through the applications already during application period so please submit your application as soon as possible.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or by phone +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.