Financial Accountant speaking Finnish, based in Stockholm
EF Education First
The EF Education First Group is the world’s largest private educational organization with focus on Language, Travel and Cultural Exchange. EF provides life-changing education for global citizens. For over 50 years, our mission has been to give confidence and freedom to people of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds. The EF Group has more than 52,000 employees and teachers and maintains 500 offices and schools in 53 different countries. It is an entrepreneurial, non-hierarchical business with tremendous growth prospects and is characterized by its dynamic, well-educated and international employees.
The Nordic Finance Team is serving the business in the Nordics with all finance related needs. We are now looking for a recent graduate that we can offer an exciting job in an international environment. The position is based in Stockholm with responsibility for EF’s three legal entities in Finland. You will make regular visits to Helsinki to support the Finnish sales team on site. The experienced team at Nordic Finance will train you and within 2-3 years we aim to have you ready to leave the team for new challenges in the international EF Group.
The responsibilities involve executing tasks such as:
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Supporting the business units in Finland
- Quarterly closings
- Annual closing and financial statements
- Audit contact
- Internal reporting
- Intercompany invoicing
- VAT declaration
- Annual declarations of income
- Payroll is outsourced but employment contracts and general support are handled internally
For the above tasks you need to be outgoing and well organized with a good eye for details. Knowledge of practices and accounting procedures is required, as well as experience in Microsoft Excel.
- University degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance or similar
- Finnish minimum B2 and English minimum C1, additional language is an advantage
- Work experience during studies
- Open-minded and a hands-on attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible and able to multitask
- Displays accountability
- A strong urge to improve processes and develop yourself
- Great communication skills and attention to details
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with numbers
EF is experiencing strong growth in all business areas and you would work within a very interesting, entrepreneurial and ambitious business environment. The role offers a fantastic opportunity to join a truly global organization with good prospects for personal as well as professional development. We will interview candidates continuously so please send your application as soon as possible.