Teemme sivustolla ylläpitotöitä 22.5. klo 5.00–7.00. Voit katsoa työpaikkailmoituksia, mutta kirjautuminen ja uusien ilmoitusten julkaisu ei onnistu. Palvelu voi olla myös hetkittäin kokonaan poissa käytöstä.
UNU-WIDER is a leading international development economics think tank. The Institute provides economic analysis and policy advice with the aim of promoting sustainable and equitable development for all. The Institute began operations in 1985 in Helsinki, Finland, as the first research centre of the United Nations University. Today it is a unique blend of think tank, research institute, and UN agency — providing a range of services from policy advice to governments, as well as original research that is ‘open access’. More information on UNU-WIDER’s current work programme, is available at: www.wider.unu.edu.
UNU-WIDER is looking for an outstanding finance professional with strong commitment and potential to support the Finance Team of the Institute.
Under the supervision of the Chief, Administrative & Programme Services and the day-to-day supervision of the Finance Associate, the incumbent will:
• Support the day-to-day operations for the full spectrum of accounting services with specific focus on accounts payable
• Process payments and prepare vouchers for various accounting entries
• Assist with the financial aspect of travel-related work: including calculation of DSA payments, preparing and/or processing of, e.g. purchase orders, expense claims, vouchers; disburses DSA payments to meeting participants; reviews travel claims and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy and validity
• Monitor expenditures to ensure they remain within the authorized budget
• Participate in initiatives taken to improve workflow and streamline financial processes to enhance efficiency and productivity
• Attend to enquiries related to finance matters and draft correspondence
• Assist with the closing of monthly accounts, and the preparation of financial reports and supporting schedules
• Assist with duties during absence of other staff within the Finance Team
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned or required.
Required qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of accounting or finance with at least one (1) year of relevant work experience preferably in an international organization, or,
• Completion of secondary school education with at least four (4) years of relevant work experience preferably in an international organization
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office, particularly in Excel
• Knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (preferably Oracle/PeopleSoft) would be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in both oral and written English; knowledge of other United Nations official languages and Finnish is an asset
• Diplomacy, aptitude and accuracy in detail work are essential
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and with high level of resilience
• Strong ability to establish priorities, multi-task, and work within tight timelines
• Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications, experience and level of responsibilities within the administration.
This is a locally-recruited post and no relocation allowance applies. The post is limited to persons residing in Finland, including persons holding a valid work permit. The successful candidate will be employed under a local contract and will not hold international civil service status nor be a ‘staff member’ as defined in the UN Staff Rules and Regulations.
UNU has its own medical insurance for employees contracted under a Personnel Service Agreement (PSA)
Duration of contract
This is full-time employment on a one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with UNU-WIDER, with the possibility for renewal subject to requirements and satisfactory work performance, with the combined duration of appointments not exceeding six (6) years.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Interested applicants should submit their applications online using this form and must upload the following:
• a cover letter setting out how their qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position
• a completed and signed UNU Personal History (P.11) downloadable from UNU website; please avoid using similar forms provided by other United Nations organizations
• an up-to-date CV
• a copy of highest educational degree obtained.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs (Charter of the United Nations: Chapter 3, article 8).