Finance Analytics and Insights Team Lead
Ready to become a forerunner enabling Neste in developing world-class finance analytics?
We are looking for a
Finance Analytics and Insights Team Lead
to join our newly established Finance Development in Espoo, Finland.
Your part in Neste journey
It is a great time to join us!
Digitalization, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are a few of the big buzzwords that are also creeping into the world of Finance and reshaping the way we think and act as finance professionals. Neste is no exception to this and we have recently embarked upon a journey where we want to make a triple jump in the way we operate in Finance becoming an even more value adding partner to our businesses.
In your role, you will
- Be pivotal in enabling Neste Finance organization (covering Group Accounting & Services, Planning & Control, Treasury & Risk Management) in leveraging analytics to bring value add insights
- Build and coach a team of analytics experts focusing on developing the analytical capabilities of Neste Finance organization
- Define the development agenda with a focus on Finance Analytics and Insights
- Continuously scan the market for analytics solutions (incl. AI and ML) and propose ways in which novel solutions could be applied in the Finance area
In this role you will have a front row seat in showcasing the value add potential that is embedded in applying analytics as an integral part of our way of working in Finance. While you do not need to be an expert in analytics to succeed in this position, it is critical that you have an understanding of the tools and methods used in order to be able to guide the team by building clear hypotheses to test.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Relevant higher education providing base for working with Data Analytics or alternatively an education within Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with prior working experience from Data Science
- Background in management position (+3 years)
- Having a strong business acumen from process industry - asking the right questions and guiding the team forward through these is key, while also having the ability to share the results effectively
- Experience from business or data analyst role (or similar relevant work experience)
- Basic knowledge of a statistical scripting language (R, Python, etc.)
- Proven track record of successful problem solving with Data Analytics (e.g. defining and testing business hypotheses with analytics)
- Strong communication and networking skills, proactive approach on tasks, ability to challenge and willingness to drive change
We also value
- A holistic understanding of analytics related tools e.g.
- Data blending tools
- Big data management (e.g. Google, Azure)
- Data visualization (e.g. PowerBI, QlickSense)
- S4 analytics capabilities and SAP Leonardo
- Process analytics (e.g. Celonis, Flexicon)
- Previous knowledge of working with databases and good skills with SQL
- Good understanding and experience of FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) related processes
- Previous experience from SAP
Leveraging analytics to support business decisions is becoming ever more important in a world where we are moving towards a “strategic CFO office” where focus should not lie in “How we did?”, rather on “How we will do?” and “What can we do to do even better?”. This denotes a clear change in mindset where we need to raise our eyes from the past performance towards looking forward and provide insights through which business decisions we can do even better. Success in this role will require that you embrace this mindset and proactively drive this agenda forward.
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Henrik Holmberg, Head of Development, Finance, +358 50 458 5141 on either Thursday August 15th 09:00-10:30 EET or Tuesday August 20th 15:00-16:30 EET, or alternatively by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application by August 28th, 2019. Please note that we will start to process the applications immediately upon receipt.
The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on week 36.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.