Field Product Manager
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work.
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Field Product Manager you will be responsible for life cycle management and business development of Eaton´s power distribution and industrial component in Nordic sales organization, with a focus on Finland and Baltic, but also possibility to support Scandinavian countries.
The Field Product Manager will collaborate closely with other marketing team members and sales teams to define the target markets for each product line, participate in creation of local business strategies and go-to-market strategies for the chosen target markets, as well as creation of respective marketing strategies and execution of respective marketing plans to support the agreed long-term business strategies and achievement of profit plan goals on the annual basis.
The Field Product Manager is a go-to person and the expert in the Eaton products in the supported local sales organizations and the main internal and external communicator about the products, who is fully able to translate technical features into commercial messaging. This position is also a part of a wider Product Marketing community of Eaton Europe and Eaton Nordic Zone.
Your key deliverables :
You will manage the supported product portfolio through the entire life cycle and contribute to the successful sales of the products to the defined target markets in the supported countries:
- Selection of products fitting the need of the defined target markets
- Market gap & product fit analysis
- Competitive analysis of supported product ranges
- Price positioning versus competitors on the local market
- Ensure product margins and profitability, support with specific price requirements
- You will manage products through the entire life cycle starting form a product introduction to the phase-out of the products and replacement with the new products
- You will use intimate understanding of customers, their markets, buying habits and pain points to help shape Eaton’s business strategy, as well as customer & project targeting
- High involvement in market intelligence projects for the relevant products in cooperation with the Market intelligence, EMEA pricing and relevant Business Unit teams
- You will define service offer for the supported products together with service team
- Define a product support process in the countries and if needed, different levels of product support
- You will develop and execute an action plan in cooperation with the local sales team to grow product sales (target specific customers, markets, channel, value prop)
- Provide intimate VoC and regulatory insight to Business Units to support new product development
- Participation in local standard groups/associations
- You will be responsible for the content validation and creation in cooperation with marcom (web content including SEO, marketing collaterals, videos, web content, emails, social media etc)
- You will develop and support execution of product promotions and incentives
- You will prepare for and participate in customer & channel events (key-note speeches, presentations & technical product support)
- Sales and partner enablement: validation, creation and delivery of technical trainings to sales teams, partners and customers
- You will support specific projects or negotiations together with sales team (to improve win-rate etc)
- Technical expertise in supported products
- Regular internal communication on the supported products
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Studies/Marketing education is an advantage
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience of similar position
- Good understanding of electrical products and technologies
- Fluent English and Finnish
- Translation of technical features into commercial messaging
- Experience in working in a comparable marketing / product management role
- Experience in working with cross functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience of working within a matrix organization
- Relevant industry/sector experience
- Understanding business basics including revenue projections, business metrics and financial planning, as well as pricing.
- Marketing skills: knowledge and experience in demand generation, digital marketing, project management etc
- Presentation skills: the ability to be persuasive in front of customers, partners, industry influencers, competitors, policymakers
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time