Feedstock Regulation Manager
Creating a healthier planet for our children. This is our purpose at Neste. Come and join us in engaging our political stakeholders in the Neste renewables and circularity journey!
We are looking for a Feedstock Regulation Manager to join our global Public Affairs organization.
Your part in the Neste journey
It is a great time to join us! We have exciting times ahead of us as Neste is determined to continue and accelerate its Renewable Products growth strategy. Raw materials play a critical role in the success of this strategy. Growth and diversification will make you face an increasing number of highly interesting and complex regulatory issues. The policy outcomes where you influence have a strong direct impact on how we do business and on Neste’s profitability.
In your role, you will
- Master current and recognize emerging feedstock related regulatory issues and opportunities and formulate advocacy strategies and implement them together with regional Public Affairs teams for favourable outcomes
- Translate policy developments and regulatory information into business insights and opportunities
- Build networks and represent Neste in associations, political events and other relevant stakeholder fora
- Become a recognized expert and trusted adviser in the regulatory arena and stakeholder landscape of renewable and circular solutions feedstock
As a member of the Public Affairs Feedstock Regulation team you will work closely with your colleagues in the global Public Affairs team and the wider Neste organisation to strengthen advocacy and wider communication effectiveness and alignment. You will have external contacts, e.g. with authorities, scientific community, associations and certification bodies. You will provide guidance to consultants supporting Neste Public Affairs efforts in the feedstock related subjects. This is a new position at Neste, and you will have the opportunity to shape and develop it. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background for the role is:
- Academic degree (e.g.law, technical, political science, economics)
- Understanding of environmental, energy, transport and climate change policies, EU political system and legislative processes. Deeper knowledge on EU Renewable energy directive, feedstock related legislation, and sustainability questions in biofuels supply chain considered an asset
- Work experience from different types of stakeholders (i.e. corporation, association, executive, technical or legislative branch)
- Ability to handle a growing number of increasingly complex regulatory questions related to renewable feedstock across a set of geographical markets
- Willingness to travel >25%.
- We also value
- Energetic team-player attitude
- Excellent networking (external and internal), negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Work experience in the wider spectrum of Public Affairs disciplines: issues management, advocacy coalition building, campaigning, political intelligence
- Ability to handle high degree of uncertainty
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and one or more European languages
The role reports to the Head of Feedstock Regulation, Public Affairs
Possible locations for this position are:
- Espoo, Finland
- Brussels, Belgium
We believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values of responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, then you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Tarja Myllymäki, Head of Feedstock Regulation, Public Affairs (email@example.com), or +358 50 458 4202 on 12.2.2020 during 10-11 (EET) or on 17.2.2020 during 14-15 (EET).
Please submit your application by 28.2.2020
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on week 11-12.
Furthermore, the person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test depending on the country legislation. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
We believe that it is the task of each generation to leave its children a healthier planet. To succeed in this we create responsible choices, everyday – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.
There are roughly 4400 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world a cleaner place to live.