Factory Manager Kuopio
At JELD-WEN Finland, we operate a manufacturing site in Kuopio, where we have approximately 174 dedicated people working in daily operations. As a Factory Manager, the scope of the role is to direct all aspects of production activity at the manufacturing site in Kuopio to ensure that the desired quantities and quality of products are manufactured on a schedule in a safe continent at minimum cost. You will be reporting directly to the Operations Director and hold the managerial responsibility of a site management team with six direct reports. You will be responsible for managing and overseeing our manufacturing site in Kuopio, whilst planning and delivering production operational activities through strong leadership. To succeed in this role, you possess proven leadership abilities and a continuous-improvement Mindset to lead continuous improvement in the production team and manufacturing at our site in Kuopio. You are expected to thrive with both hands-on and strategic tasks, and you must have a comprehensive understanding of the daily operations in a manufacturing site.
- Drive positive Transformation throughout the site, build and mentor effective teams and drive employee engagement, involvement and development
- Implement and maintain quality control standards across the site
- Be responsible for the value stream product quality standards and the continuous improvement of these standards.
- To live by the JELD-WEN values to build businesses ethically and safely as well as ensuring adherence with all safety compliance standards
- Work collaboratively with the site management team in delivering productivity improvement
- Provide timely production operational activities in line with key objective set supporting our business strategy
- Work with other functional leadership within the business to ensure operations are aligned to strategic objectives and that capacity is proactively planned and managed
- Focus on achieving cost reductions and increased profitability through the philosophy of driving continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility
- Ensure the optimising of processes related to the effective and efficient management of inventory.
- Coach, mentor and educate employees to develop, support and sustain a continuous improvement culture – establish improvement as a way of life
- Develop and challenge the production team to embed the lean tools, techniques and leadership behaviours
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Several years of experience from a similar role, preferably within production or manufacturing environment
- Proven site leadership experience and people management skills
- A degree in Engineering or an equivalent vocational qualification
- Previous experience of a ‘Safety First’ culture with a zero-tolerance and continuous safety improvement mentality or the equivalent
- Financially literate and competent with managing and interpreting key business-related data
- A customer-centric mindset with the ability to build and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Excellent communications skills to actively listen and communicate with employees on all levels
- Result-driven, transformational and resilient leadership traits
- Good understanding of Lean is essential to be successful
- Well-accustomed to working in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Knowledge of manufacturing ERP systems including SAP is advantageous
- Fluency in spoken and written Finnish and English is a prerequisite for this role
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We act with Integrity, Invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our Promises and improve every day. We are seeking Talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a Collaborative environment in which to apply your Talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and application in English.