Expert, Fixed Assets
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for Expert, Fixed Assets for permanent position to join our Financial Controls Fixed Asset Process team.
UPM Finance Operations is a customer service oriented global function providing financial expertise for all UPM businesses and functions. We as a team drive to be operationally efficient, performing on a high level to give our very best to our both internal and external customers and stakeholders. To succeed in our work, we are now looking for new talents to make our organization even more professional, versatile, collaborative and vibrant - ready to take in new challenges!
What you’ll do
- Develop value adding end-to-end fixed asset processes with your team
- Perform continuous improvement process and take active role in bringing new ideas and insights to fixed assets area
- Ensure quality and compliance in fixed asset accounting and reporting in the defined scope
- You will follow-up key metrics and related analytics in fixed assets area
- Participate in development activities and projects in global fixed asset area
- Contribute strongly in lease process (IFRS16)
- Provide needed end-user support and training in complex fixed asset accounting, reporting and compliance tasks
- Collaborate with our outsourcing partners as well as internal and external stakeholders
Who you are
- You have good knowledge in fixed assets accounting and its relation to taxation and reporting processes as well as local GAAP and IFRS accounting
- Your analytical skills and prioritizing capabilities contribute to the success of the whole team
- You are a self-directed finance professional with solution-oriented mindset
- You have good co-operation, coordination and communications skills
- You have a positive can-do attitude and eagerness to learn more
- You have strong desire for continuous learning and improvement
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in finance, preferably in accounting or equal qualification and at least three years of work experience in similar field or responsibility area
- You have fluent written and spoken English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The position is located in Tampere or in Helsinki, Finland.
For further questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Hanna Grönlund, Senior Manager, Fixed Assets by email: email@example.com or by phone: +358504821469. If you wish to contact by phone, you can do it at the following times: 16th of May at 9-10 am, 21st of May at 1-2 pm and 27th of May 10-11 am (Finnish time).
Please apply via the apply button and attach your CV and cover letter by 2nd of June, 2019. We will start going through the applications already during application period so please submit your application as soon as possible.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.