Are you one of those who believe in changing the world with design? Join our growing in-house design team at ABB Drives. Our solutions are used in various industrial applications, commercial & residential buildings, transport, infrastructure and wind power production just to name a few. Our products cut CO2 emissions and improve process control. We are the global market leader & technology pioneer in the drives business.
We are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join ABB Drives in-house design team in Helsinki. You will participate in creating digital products and services for the global market and spreading the user-centered design mindset in our organization.
• Creating the design brief together with product owners, integrating user feedback and business requirements
• Arranging and facilitating definition workshops and design sprints
• Leading and conducting field studies and user testing
• Hands-on UI design work
• Collaborating with developers and playing an active role in design iterations
• Coordinating design across multiple projects
• Authoring, iterating and maintaining documentation
• Position as a member of a multidisciplinary in-house design team
• Opportunity to experience the digital transformation in global B2B tech-organization
• An opportunity to combine fantastic UI design with services and hardware to create great, holistic customer and user experiences
• The opportunity for professional development in UI/UX and other design disciplines, such as service design and industrial design
• Work content varying from embedded systems to mobile applications and digital services
• The opportunity to further your career with us
• MA or M.Sc. in design, human-computer interaction, or related discipline
• Several years of experience from UI/UX and Visual design practices and a strong portfolio with design aesthetics
• Strong background in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
• Ability to create production-ready assets that use the capabilities of the latest technology
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools from pen and post-its to Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch and InVision
• Team working skills, ability to proactively take responsibility
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
• Technical understanding (CSS, HTML, Visual Studio)
• Other language skills besides English. Finnish skills are a plus, though not mandatory.
• Some work experience with industry and B2B environment
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64275329 by August 1st, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, please contact Kimmo Ollikainen, tel. +358 50 332 4512. Available on Monday July 30th at 12–16pm.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com