Executive Board Member, Head of Procurement and Logistics
Meyer Turku Oy
Would you like to be part of Finland’s most interesting technology company?
Meyer Turku is specialized in demanding, innovative and environmental-friendly shipbuilding projects. In Turku, ships have been built successfully all the way since 1737. Meyer Turku has three subsidiaries: a cabin factory Piikkio Works Oy in Piikkiö, a turn key supplier Shipbuilding Completion Oy in Turku and a design and engineering office ENG’nD Oy in Rauma. Together with its German sister shipyards, Meyer Werft in Papenburg and Neptun Werft in Rostock, Meyer Turku is one of the leading companies in cruise shipbuilding industry.
We are now looking for
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBER, HEAD OF PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS
As Head of Procurement and Logistics, you will take over all Turku shipyard responsibilities in terms of procurement and warehouse logistics. You will represent the department in the Executive Board of Meyer Turku and be essential part of the Meyer group procurement team.
In the role, you will lead the procurement department managers, and report directly to the Chief Procurement Officer. You will be the key driver in transforming the organization to a top class procurement and logistics organization.
As the Head of Procurement and Logistics, you will
• define and lead procurement categories for direct and indirect procurement
• drive the qualification and optimization of supply chain
• drive the creation of supplier strategies
• support in major contract negotiations and escalated claim negotiations
• strategic planning and develop warehousing and logistics processes
• safeguard the operational excellence, material availability and budget adherence of suppliers supported by supplier and category strategies
• maximize the synergies in co-operation with the Meyer group procurement and safeguard the adherence to the global procurement rules and regulations
• enhance strong co-operation with the global Procurement as well as the local Design, Production and Project Management departments to safeguard overall company targets and align the procurement targets and strategies accordingly.
Who we are looking for
To succeed in the role, we expect you have senior-level experience in supply chain management or operational management in large project business environment. Experience in outfitting/interior outfitting in either marine or land construction is appreciated as well as deep knowledge in general subcontracting, detail design work and the supply markets.
You should also have strong leadership skills as well as in-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices. Additionally, we expect you to have strong communication and change management skills as well as self-awareness to take varying approaches with a dynamic set of stakeholders.
We hope you have at least a Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering or a related area, with a Master's degree preferred.
Meyer’s long and reliable history in shipbuilding and steady order book guarantee a positive outcome to your career at international shipbuilding industry.
We promise you an inspirational work community and interesting tasks with high technology top notch products. In this community you can become the best in your own expertise. With internal education you can improve your know-how even further.
At Meyer Turku you are aboard building the most luxurious and beautiful cruise ships in the world.
In this recruitment, we co-operate with Momentous Oy, Turku.
For further information
For more information please be in contact with Momentous Senior Consultant Ville Valtonen, +358 40 5828 838, email@example.com, most conveniently Jan 15th 1100-1230, Jan 17th 1600-1700 or Jan 21st 1600-1700.
Please leave your application with salary request at latest on 24th January 2020.