Executive Assistant to President and CEOValmet
As the current Executive Assistant to our CEO is planning to retire after a full and interesting career, we are now looking for a successor to her.
Our new Executive Assistant should be an independent team player with a positive mindset and can-do attitude who has an essential role in orchestrating the Executive team's daily work.
This important position includes a wide range of different responsibilities with a focus on assisting the CEO while also supporting the Executive Team.
- Providing comprehensive executive support in a one-on-one working relationship to the CEO by managing an active calendar of appointments, preparing correspondence that is often confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans and agendas, completing expense reports and other day-to-day activities. In this role you also organize meetings, workshops, and key events based on the corporate meeting schedule, the preparation of which is your responsibility.
- Researching, prioritizing, and following up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President and CEO, often of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determining the appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Acting as a "barometer" to the CEO for issues happening externally and internally and keeping him updated on them.
- Being the main point of contact to the CEO with a strong ability to act with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Being responsible for practicalities, time management, meeting agendas and minutes related to the Executive Team meetings and various review meetings, which sometimes requires traveling with the Executive Team.
To succeed in this role, you have:
- An HSO, bachelor’s or master’s degree in business economics or another related field and several years of work experience as an executive assistant in a stock listed global company
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Finnish and English, as well as strong IT skills (MS Office, MS Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Directors’ Desk).
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Service-oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills that allow you to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic global environment.
- A hands-on approach for completing critical deliverables and capability to anticipate needs, think critically and offer solutions.
- Creativity and willingness to work within an environment that is results-driven and community oriented.
We know that one of the key components of our success is the skills and knowledge of the people who join our team – talents like you. We offer you an exciting opportunity in a global company and we encourage and value an innovative culture. In Valmet, we are passionate about our work, but there is always also time for a good laugh!
Did we catch your interest? Send your application via the link provided as soon as possible but no later than August 31, 2022.
For further information please contact Tuija Palander, Executive Assistant, (tel. + 358 50 317 3915) on Friday, August 19th, between 13:00-14:00 pm. (EET) or Thursday, August 25th, between 10:00-11:00 am. (EET).
Valmet Finland is a non-smoking workplace.