Event Coordinator (part-time), EspooAcademic Work
Take your next career step in a market leading company - our client is eager to welcome a new team member for a part-time temporary Event Coordinator role! Our client company's global Supply Chain Finance team will be having an on-site internal workshop in Mid-September and they are looking for a person to help with the event and travel arrangements. If you are looking for an international work environment and are a self-driven person with capability to coordinate big entities, this might be a perfect project for you! We are filling the position within a few days, so don't hesitate to send your CV soon!
ABOUT THE ROLEIn this position as an Event Coordinator you will be responsible of coordinating an interesting global workshop to our market leading client company. The workshop will take place for three days in Mid-September in Uusimaa area and have around 30 guests (internal colleagues) from both Finland and abroad. You will be taking care of all the practical arrangements regarding the workshop; booking venues and guest speakers, arranging hotels for the colleagues, making improvements for the agenda, managing dinner reservations etc. You will be supported by your colleagues, but we expect you to be able to manage the whole.
This is a part-time temporary role from the beginning of August until Mid-September. The exact working hours can be agreed depending on your situation, but we are estimating you to have around 20 hours of work per week - the role is a good match for a student, but we expect your situation/studies to have room for flexibility.
You are offered
* Possibility to work in a highly known Finnish technology company
* Opportunity to gain work experience in a global work environment
* A chance to learn and develop your skills in an interesting role
As a consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future. Read more.
JOB DUTIESCoordinating the entirety of the multi-day workshop, including
* Making travel arrangements
* Booking and coordinating the guest speakers
* Managing schedules, catering and agenda
* Arranging the venues
* Communicating between different parties (participants, venues, catering etc.)
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Relevant educational background (e.g. BBA, BHM) - you can be already graduated or combine this role with your studies
* Ideally some previous experience coordinating events (e.g. summer job, internship, student association)
* Strong coordinating skills
* Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken. Finnish skills are seen as an advantage
As a person you are
* Proactive and self-driven
* Strong collaborator and a team-player
* Independent and energetic
* Start: Beginning of August 2022
* Work extent: Beginning of August until Mid-September
* Location: Espoo, Keilaniemi
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from our client company that all questions regarding the position are handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
OTHER INFORMATIONOur client operates internationally and is a market leader in their field. They offer whole solutions from production and shipping to maintenance and modernization services to their customers and engaging job opportunities and supportive environment to their employees.