Are you looking for an opportunity in the field of EU research and innovation programmes? Do you want to ensure the success of EU proposals in an organization with a meaningful purpose? Are you enthusiastic about European wide networking and solving global challenges?
VTT is the fourth most successful and the most networked operator in the EU Horizon 2020 programmes in Europe relative to size. In Horizon 2020, VTT has acquired 18% of the funding allocated to Finland, and 74.4% of funding allocated to Finnish research organizations. In our research work, technological development and new business models are being enhanced hand-in-hand in order to create the best possible impact to our customer’s businesses and to the society at large.
We are now looking for a EU Programmes Manager for European Commission funded grants to join our team!
The job is located within the business area Digital Technologies. Through our focus areas, we create breakthrough digital technologies for connectivity, resiliency and situational awareness. We also drive disruption from data and novel health technologies and develop solutions for microelectronics and quantum computing. Our proposal portfolio targets areas such as printed electronics and microelectronics, sensing solutions, health tech, connectivity, cyber security, quantum computing and metrology. We also provide high-level policy support for the national and regional governments and for the European Commission.
Your responsibility areas will be
With us, you will be part of a business area specific group of three people and the VTT-wide professional internal support engine of Horizon Europe proposals.
As an EU Programmes Manager, you are responsible for managing the project portfolio development for the EU Horizon Europe funded research activities within the Business Area, and support the Business Area on different EU affairs related actions.
Your main responsibilities as EU Programmes Manager:
- Work as a core expert on the EU Horizon Europe research and innovation programme;
- Build, maintain and communicate a comprehensive overview of European networks of key importance for the Business Area;
- Collaboration with selected key partners;
- Support business area specific EU project portfolio development and VTT success in EU funding in collaboration with the internal advisors;
- Network and proactively communicate across business areas;
- Contribute to the development of VTT’s internal practices (including training programmes and EU grant writing and advisory support processes) to improve the use of the strong EU network for acquiring new commercial customers.
Ideally, your background includes following:
- Previous experience of EU project management, proposal preparation and tenders; previous experience of project portfolio or programme management will be considered advantageous;
- Good understanding of European Research and Innovation programmes, policies and funding landscape; experience in evaluating EU proposals will be considered advantageous;
- Experience of collaboration with international partners and companies; existing relevant networks will be considered advantageous;
- Willingness to grow as professional in broader EU policy issues through continuous learning and sharing of knowledge;
- Excellent written English;
- University degree, Master´s or PhD from a relevant field; scientific background from technology research and/or technical background will be considered beneficial.
As a person, we hope that you are
You are proactive, systematic and target-oriented with a proven track record of your achievements. You have the capability to comprehend and make the most of a vast amount of information and communicate it to others. You are able to co-operate under pressure with researchers and international partners and respect tight deadlines. You have good organizational and management skills and you are an efficient networker.
Why should you join us?
We offer an opportunity to contribute to the success of a world-class research organization, and an innovative and inspiring work community with plenty of interaction with top researchers. With us, you will work closely with our European and national research partners, and you will have a unique vantage point over European industrial research and policy in the making. We offer an encouraging and innovative work environment, brilliant colleagues and various career paths.
VTT’s purpose is to bring together people, business, science and technology, to solve the world’s biggest challenges, creating sustainable growth, jobs and well-being. We create systemic and technological breakthroughs that bring fundamental transformation and renewal to industries and societies. We always aim for impact together with our customers. Please read more about VTT's new strategy from here: https://www.vttresearch.com/en/news-and-ideas/towards-exponential-hope-vtt-strategy-2021-2025-has-been-published
Interested and want to hear more?
For more information about the position, please contact:
- Petteri Alahuhta, Head of Business Development, email@example.com, tel. +358407084326 on Thursday 4 March 2021 at 14:30–16:00 or Monday 15 March 2021 at 14:00–15:30.
- Yrsa Cronhjort, Manager, EU Programmes, tel. +358401975232 on Tuesday 9 March 2021 at 9:00–11.30 or 19 March 2021 at 14:00–15:30.
We hope you are interested in joining us! Please send your CV and application with your salary request through our recruitment system as soon as possible, or March 21nd 2021 at the latest.
Apply between 2 March 2021 and 21 March 2021 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, Permanent