Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer
The Valspar (Finland) Corporation Oy is now looking for an EHS Engineer to join their team in Vantaa. The estimated duration of this employment is for one year.
- Support EHS manager in developing and reviewing Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Management System documents (ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001).
- Participate in internal EHS inspections and audits.
- Maintain appropriate EHS records, data and timely reporting.
- Support root cause analysis investigation for EHS incidents, corrective and preventative action planning and execution.
- Control the site Hazard, Near Miss and Reporting data base.
- Participate and coordinating 3rd party occupational hygiene monitoring and ergonomic assessments.
- Support operations team to carry out Job Hazard Analysis and Process Safety Assessment.
- Promote a continually improving safety culture through the support and leading of selected EHS communication methods and sub-committees with employee involvement.
- Support and facilitate appropriate safety, health and environmental training and refresher training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we expect from you
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies, Health and Safety, Chemical or Process Engineering or a related field or equivalent education and experience.
- 3-5 years of professional EHS experience ideally in an industrial environment.
- A process and result driven approach.
- Ability to work under pressure and good team working attitude.
- Flexibility in an everchanging environment.
- Interest to grow and learn.
- Experience with health, safety, and environmental programs, principles and practices.
- Fluent Finnish and English.
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications;
What we offer
- Responsible job with a great opportunity to learn and develop yourself.
- International working environment and chance to work with other professionals in the industry.
- Friendly and supporting colleagues and atmosphere.
- Opportunity to work in a company that takes ethical matters seriously, so you can be truly proud of your work.
- Benefits such as lunch and cultural benefits, comprehensive occupational health services and insurance policies.
Please send your application and CV in English including your salary request as soon as possible. We will review the applications during the application period.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Barona Engineering, Karoliina Kröger (050 5151 857).