Enterprise Architect, Marine
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets.
Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable
societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality. Our ultimate aim is to
provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous
improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and
more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and
technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the
To qualify for the job, we expect you to be ambitious and have strong capabilities in development and in IT
service management in global business environment where digitalisation brings rapid changes and new
opportunities. You are energetic, good with people and a fun person to work with.
The selected candidate is invited to join our team of Marine Business I&T team with main focus area on the
Marine Business, leading the EA work in the assigned responsibility area.
We are offering you a position with global reach to make an impact in our industry for times ahead. We in IM
are a diverse crew sharing and being inspired by common vision of good corporate citizenship. Wärtsilä IM
fosters inclusion and collaboration in our working. In Wärtsilä IM you can put your talent and experience into
WE WOULD ASSIGN YOU (AT LEAST) FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop fit-for-purpose enterprise architecture practices with other Enterprise Architects.
- Creating future state models of business, information and technology architecture reflecting the organization strategies and goals.
- Guide and support business in change initiatives.
- Create signature-ready recommendations of business capability, information and technology decisions
- Create analysis of redundancies, duplication in business capabilities, information and technology services.
- Architecture Visions for different demands. This includes pre-project planning with current state analysis, target state definitions, project proposals and roadmaps
YOU ARE EXPECTED TO POSSESS FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent leadership, communication, visualization and presentation skills
- Business outcome driven mindset
- Planning and road mapping
- Analytical and abstract thinking
- Change management
- Ability to model solution architectures systematically
- Ability to lead workshops targeted to model architectures affecting several projects or organizations.
- Architect is familiar with common frameworks related to architecture development such as TOGAF- - --- Experience on various enterprise software technologies (e.g. Salesforce, SAP, Teamcenter, Microsoft products, IoT solutions)
- Education: M.Sc. with studies related to enterprise architecture, business architecture, information management, technology management
- Experience: Work experience in global company, working in ICT implementation projects, solution design and modelling experience. Experience in change management.
LOCATION for this position is Wärtsilä offices in Helsinki or Vaasa, other locations may also be considered.
Please submit your application including your salary request at www.wartsila.com/careers latest by
27th of September 2020
Head of Marine Business I&T Development
Last application date: 27/09/2020